Hi! I need YOUR assistance! I've just purchased a Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ P90s and methinks I need a new amp. I play a lot of genres, but mostly 60s rock (a ton of Beatles. An absolute ton. You really can't comprehend how much Beatles I play.), alternative (Flaming Lips kind of stuff), a little punk (Ramones) and a bunch others like Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, Doors, etc. I'm looking for something in the 200-350 dollar range, but would be willing to go up to 450 if the amp is life-changing. Thanks very much y'all.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ P90s
Yamaha APX500
Martin Backpacker (For those warm summer nights )

If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace. - John Lennon
Are you gigging? And if you are gigging will you be micced?

When you say lots of Beatles, I can't help but emphasize getting an AC15 or an AC30.
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
Not yet gigging- trying to but time can be an issue... And yeah, Vox would be really nice, but I've found they're pricy... I guess the AC30 for gigging, AC15 for more home use?
Yamaha APX500

If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace. - John Lennon
Congrats on your new guitar! I'm a big fan of p90s on mahogany myself and I get some sweet tone out of an Egnater Rebel. It may be a lil over budget (by a cab if you go used) but its well worth it.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
@lucky1978 (I assume that this is an appropriate way of getting ones attention on this forum, as this is my first day and I have little forum-ing experience) Thanks! This amp looks like it'd be great for my purposes- and seems to be terrifically versatile to boot. Now it's time to stalk eBay for a good price...
Yamaha APX500

Where are you located in the world? That will make a big difference in what is suggested.

But for Beatles, you can not beat a Vox AC15c1 or a AC30c1. They will also do the other styles you want
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Sep 2, 2013,
Quote by FabBobbyPo
@lucky1978 (I assume that this is an appropriate way of getting ones attention on this forum, as this is my first day and I have little forum-ing experience) Thanks! This amp looks like it'd be great for my purposes- and seems to be terrifically versatile to boot. Now it's time to stalk eBay for a good price...

I love my Rebel 20 head. It doesn't do clean cleans or high gain but it does everything from a thick, punchy, gritty clean blues tone to an overdriven, crunchy growl. If 2 channels is a must you'll need the Rebel 30 and the 30 also comes as a combo if you can find one used in your price range.

Edit: Also, what Robb said.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Sep 2, 2013,
I would definitely recommend a Peavey Classic 50 or Classic 30.
They can usually be found for about $300-$400.
Anyone have any opinions on the Egnater Tweaker?
Yamaha APX500

The tweaker isn't all that great compared to the Rebel imo
How so?
Yamaha APX500

I think the tweaker has a lil more gain but its kinda harsh and thin sounding. Its got a decent crispy tone but not much else going for it imo. I like a thick punchy sounding amp though, maybe your preference is different ( though with p90s...)
The Ac 30 is one loud ass amp, unless you need very clean "cleans" at big gig volume go with the Ac15. Looking at getting one of those bad boys myself
07 Gibson Les Paul LE
06 Fender Mex Strat - SDJb Jr, duckbucker, lil 59
Floor
Cry Baby 95Q-> Digitech Whammy -> DD3 -> MXR Micro Amp-> TU 2
Loop
Holy Grail ->Boss Rc20 Loop Station
Amp
Laney GH50 with Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (celestion g12-65)
I really like AC15, and was wondering if anyone has opinions on the c1 vs the valve reactor versions?
Yamaha APX500

Quote by FabBobbyPo
I really like AC15, and was wondering if anyone has opinions on the c1 vs the valve reactor versions?

The VR model is nothing like the AC15c1. The AC15/30VR are SS amps with 1 12ax7 used somewhere in the power-section.

I would prefer the AC4c1 over the VR series, even the VT is better
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
@Robbgnarly so a used c1 is the way to go? Since the $600 or so new is too much.
Yamaha APX500

Without doubt.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by FabBobbyPo
@Robbgnarly so a used c1 is the way to go? Since the $600 or so new is too much.

Yeah, they run $400ish used.

If you really want new, www.hellomusic.com has a special on AC15c1 now for $498 new.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If you want egnater get a rebel 30. I had a tweaker but it didn't last through the honeymoon period.

You want a vox ac15 or 30 not the shitty hybrid model, just one of the all tube whether it's a current or older one.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
+1ing a used AC15C1 or a used Peavey Classic 30.

Classic 30 is more versatile but it can't exactly nail the Vox thing. Try/listen to both.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Thanks for your suggestions everyone! I think I'm gonna go with the AC15c1 (of course I still need to try it but I can get that done tomorrow.) It seems like it'll hit all the points I'm looking for. If anyone has any other suggestion, feel free to throw them out there and I'll be sure to take a look. Thanks again!
Yamaha APX500

Quote by FabBobbyPo
Thanks for your suggestions everyone! I think I'm gonna go with the AC15c1 (of course I still need to try it but I can get that done tomorrow.) It seems like it'll hit all the points I'm looking for. If anyone has any other suggestion, feel free to throw them out there and I'll be sure to take a look. Thanks again!

If you go with the AC15c1, remember it has 2 channels, but no foot switch to control them. You will need an a/b box to switch channels by foot.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate