Quote by xxNOAHSHREDxx
ok i am just going to flat out say it i need help on knowing/learning
scales
modes
arpeggios

Sure!

For scales it will help if you understand they are just an array of notes, played as a set "family" whether it be Pentatonic, Lydian Dominant, or Diminished, they are all doing this basic thing. Start on one note, play notes between it and an octave and end on an octave. There you have it, that's essentially what a scale is.

Now, you might want to start learning Major and Minor scales and Pentatonics, if you're new to all this. Just buy a book, get on YouTube or whatever. If you still cant get it, a private teacher may be the next option.

Modes are permutations of scales. They have to do with tonal aspects of music. If you don't understand tonal harmony, I'd suggest that you learn Diatonic Harmony first. If you don't know that, start by learning to spell and write out and play Major scales from any note.

Arpeggios are broken up chords played one note at a time. If you don't know what that is, learn "basic chords" first.

Best,

Sean
I like to think of homophonic music as being a set of scales and arpeggios, where scales are linear progression of notes up and down and arpeggios being leaps. It is a schenkerian analysis thing but with this understanding of note formations you can more easily understand the underlying harmonic analysis of the work of music. It is a little different from conventional understandings of scales and arpeggios where scales are simply collections of notes that can be non-linear, but with the understanding which I mentioned, you get a better notion of key and modality depending on which ever one it is. Good luck though, learning and understanding both 'methods of understanding' (for lack of a better phrase) will help greatly.