Page 1 of 2
Almost always, food tastes better hot or cold.

Discuss
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
That is what He has chosen for us.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Because science.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
coffee only taste good hot or ice cold. room temp is blech.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
When something is hot it makes certain flavors stronger while coldness make other flavors stronger. That's just how it is! Also something to do with the texture of the food.
Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

Last edited by rolandroi at Sep 2, 2013,
Quote by rolandroi
When something is hot it makes certain flavors stronger while coldness make other flavors stronger. That's just how it is! Also something to do with the texture of the food.

You really have your shite together.
Yeah, I couldn't imagine eating egg salad or tuna salad HOT. However, pizza, cold or hot, is the biggest exception to the hot/cold "law".
Quote by Dimarzio45
Yeah, I couldn't imagine eating egg salad or tuna salad HOT. However, pizza, cold or hot, is the biggest exception to the hot/cold "law".

pizza falls into the same category as coffee IMO. has to be either hot or cold. never in the middle.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Geometry and politics
Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

Depends on the food. The goodness of milk is inversely proportional to its temperature. On the other hand, the goodness of bread (assuming it's fresh) is directly proportional to its temperature.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Frosted flakes are amazing out of the fridge without milk. Its my favourite way to have any cereal
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Quote by eGraham
Depends on the food. The goodness of milk is inversely proportional to its temperature. On the other hand, the goodness of bread (assuming it's fresh) is directly proportional to its temperature.

Milk is amazing cold or hot.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra

Hot? I've never had it hot. But I know that the closer it is to being a frozen chunk, the better it tastes to me.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by jambi_mantra

Yeah, I've never had it hot and would never try it that way. I'd warm it up for a kitty though.
You guys have never had coffee or hot chocolate? Hot (not burnt) milk is amazing, it's goes sweeter. Burnt milk tastes like almonds
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
You guys have never had coffee or hot chocolate? Hot (not burnt) milk is amazing, it's goes sweeter. Burnt milk tastes like almonds

Are you talking about hot chocolate that is cold? That I could understand. I pretty much agree with eGraham about milk though. The colder the better.

I only buy the iced coffee when it's hot out and I've already had my morning hot coffee to wake my ass up.

Edit: Yes, the iced coffee is pretty badass. Only, not in the morning.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Sep 2, 2013,
Quote by Dimarzio45
Are you talking about hot chocolate that is cold? That I could understand. I pretty much agree with eGraham about milk though. The colder the better.

I only buy the iced coffee when it's hot out and I've already had my morning hot coffee to wake my ass up.

Edit: Yes, the iced coffee is pretty badass. Only, not in the morning.

No I'm talking about hot chocolate, as in hot milk and chocolate powder.

I'm not saying cold milk is bad. It's also great. I'm just saying that hot milk is also great. Middle temp is rubbish though

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra

I'm not saying cold milk is bad. It's also great. I'm just saying that hot milk is also great. Middle temp is rubbish though

Oh yea, hot chocolate. For some reason that never occured to me lol.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

Quote by jambi_mantra

Oh yeah. Gotta love hot chocolate! Middle temp-ed milk is straight up disgusting.
Quote by rolandroi

But why tho
Foods taste different at different temperatures because it affects the taste intensity of certain flavors. Also some people can experience certain tastes with temperature changes alone.
cat
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I don't eat things hot or cold for political and moral reasons.

it's ok I know your teeth are a little sensitive everyone's are sometimes and there's nothing wrong with showing your emotions
cat
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I don't eat things hot or cold for political and moral reasons.

Communist.
I find it strange if i make some food, have some left over in the pot/pan, then heat it up the next day or a little bit later if i'm still hungry and it tastes better somehow.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by guitarxo
Foods taste different at different temperatures because it affects the taste intensity of certain flavors. Also some people can experience certain tastes with temperature changes alone.

But why tho
Quote by donender
I find it strange if i make some food, have some left over in the pot/pan, then heat it up the next day or a little bit later if i'm still hungry and it tastes better somehow.

That's because the sauce 'n' flavors just soak into the food more.
When warm/hot water in the food, which is flavoured by being in the food, evaporates more and so more of it reaches your nose, which is where all sophisticated flavour is detected.

Also, in hot food the bonds holding the larger molecules together break, or near breaking that can then be completed by shearing action and saliva. This means that there is more surface area and so more flavour.

Also, dissolving happens more readily at hot temperatures, and so more of the food will dissolve into your saliva and thus more reading be digested into other molecules which themselves have a different flavour to the larger molecule.

#themoaruno
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Sep 3, 2013,
Quote by Todd Hart
When warm/hot water in the food, which is flavoured by being in the food, evaporates more and so more of it reaches your nose, which is where all sophisticated flavour is detected.

Also, in hot food the bonds holding the larger molecules together break, or near breaking that can then be completed by shearing action and saliva. This means that there is more surface area and so more flavour.

Also, dissolving happens more readily at hot temperatures, and so more of the food will dissolve into your saliva and thus more reading be digested into other molecules which themselves have a different flavour to the larger molecule.

#themoaruno

I thought about this, but there's still the cold food question.

Quote by sam b
Food tastes better hot or cold?

Wait.. what other option is there?

Room temperature
Lukewarm
Quote by c3powil
I thought about this, but there's still the cold food question.

Food doesn't taste better (read: more vivid) cold.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Water's good cold or around room temp. if you've just been playing a sport. Also I don't get the eating cold pizza thing.
Page 1 of 2