I'm not really interested in buying them or anything, but I'm interested in how they work. I can't really find much about that on Google and hoped maybe you guys could help. I really like reading the scientific stuff that gets posted here.

http://eshop.amtelectronics.com/6l6-12ax7-amt-electronics-solid-state-tubes.html

http://www.jetcityamplification.com/2012/05/06/retrovalve-red/
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by tas38
I'm not really interested in buying them or anything, but I'm interested in how they work. I can't really find much about that on Google and hoped maybe you guys could help. I really like reading the scientific stuff that gets posted here.

http://eshop.amtelectronics.com/6l6-12ax7-amt-electronics-solid-state-tubes.html

http://www.jetcityamplification.com/2012/05/06/retrovalve-red/

someone linked these before and the technology/concept has been done in the past with little success.

as best as i know they just have transistors in them, AMT or jet city may being doing something new, but the old ones you can plainly see transistors in them.

punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Don't do it, they is evil. Just buy good quality tubes, man.

You've got a JCA, yes? Load it up with JJ's and forget this hokus pokus tomfoolery. Now off you go. Go on, sling ya hook.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard

You've got a JCA, yes? Load it up with JJ's and forget this hokus pokus tomfoolery. Now off you go. Go on, sling ya hook.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Man... I'd actually like to try these to see what they sound like, if they weren't $38 a piece for ONE 12AX7...

I mean, I get it - You probably never have to replace them... but I could replace a 12AX7 4 times before I'd pay that much. People be cray, super cray.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I wonder how the amp would sound like if all power tubes are replaced with these SS "tubes". Could they work for a person who just needs a big clean headroom and never cranks his amps to poweramp distortion levels? Or would something be lost? Would it sound sterile even though preamp would still be tube driven?

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
I want to buy a blackstar and try these in it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

So you can have a true SS amp huh?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
exactly.

actually, although i was only joking, it'd be pretty cool to see how valvey one of the ht series sounds and feels with real valves in it versus these solid state valves. You could actually see how much the valves were helping.

not cool enough to actually fork out for one, though
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Cathbard

Basically what I was going to say. why the **** would anyone want to put these in their precious tube amp? thats amp abuse.
banned
I think the Tone King has some demos of them. Though that probably won't be super helpful.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by Dave_Mc

Someone buys me the tube, i'll stick it in my HT5.

You know. For science
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
^

Quote by RealGuitarHero
I think the Tone King has some demos of them. Though that probably won't be super helpful.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by RealGuitarHero

Hey, he is the most famous bad guitarist in the USA
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Cathbard

Man, you are totally correct....I think JJ's are the best traditional glass vacuum tubes around. However my friend...I think you have hastily commented on RetroValves without considering the published benefits of such devices or perhaps even trying them for yourself (just a guess). For example, I don’t think you can purchase a 12AX7 JJ to clean up an amp (e.g., for jazz players) or load up an amp with higher gain versions of a 12AX7 to make a possibly otherwise “dull” amp start to crank! We won’t even get into the reliability issues. Another thing you may have not have considered is that you can use JJ’s in your favorite tube sections and add robustness and reliability with RetroValves in the other sections without having to pay an additional amp tech!

I used to play in a 4 X 4 sandbox as a kid. As soon as I stepped out of my “comfy” sandbox into the world, things really started to get fun!!!!
I'm fairly well versed on tubes and what does what as people here can attest. But keep MOSFET's out of my friggin tube amp or you'll be picking up your teeth with broken fingers.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
keep MOSFET's out of my friggin tube amp or you'll be picking up your teeth with broken fingers.

Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100