Hey guys! What's up? My names Cole and I'm quickly trying to figure out what I should do with my next purchase. See, I'm moving out of my parents place and into an apartment whilst in college, the only problem is there is no way I can take all of my gear with me. So I have to down size. (Get rid of my dean koa exotica, Fender 12, Vox Vt80+, Phonic 600 watt PA and speakers, and maybe even more.) and with the money I hope to get from this (At the minimum hopefully a grand) I want to get a good tube amp, an Agile AL3000 or AD3000 and a powered monitor to run vocals through. See, I play guitar and sing in a band Letterswv.bandcamp.com to see our style. I need something amp wise that can do not only the balls to the wall pop punk tones, (a Marshall JCM900 in the recording) To the cleans at the second verse (AC30 in recording) We also have some stuff coming out soon that has some octave fuzz lead stuff. So I've been looking at a Peavey Classic 30 (Plus pedals of course) but I'm really worried about being able to get that Brittish high gain grit from it. Even with a Tube Screamer, would it do that? If not what should I get? I'm guessing my budget for the amp and pedals would be 700 bucks at the max, so please help me out guys, what do you think? Also if you want to buy any of the aforementioned stuff, hit me up.
ever heard of A Paragraph?

What tone are you looking for and will You be mic'd?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
ever heard of A Paragraph?

What tone are you looking for and will You be mic'd?

Sorry I'm doing this while doing homework, so formatting didn't even occur to me. If you go to Letterswv.bandcamp.com you can hear the tone description, but it's also described in my terribly ran together block of text above.
But YES! We will be micd up live, but at practice probably not.
I tried out a Classic 30 and found it was really good for an American/bluesy tone. It could do a more high gain British tone with a tubescreamer, I'd bet.

I played it with a strat, for what it's worth
What you need is what I want - a 30th Aniiversay Marshall. The combos are only a 1x12 afaik but are still mighty fine amps. Best route would be the head (the 6100) and cab of choice.
Best thing Marshall ever made and will do everything you need and more. Old school plexi/jtm cleans (ie ****en gorgeous) right through JCM800 up to brootz that will put a JCM900 SL/X to shame.

PS: They are also MIDI compatible.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Sep 3, 2013,
Cath, That would be super awesome, but I just don't believe I have the money for that haha, like I said amp and pedals budget is only 700 bucks.
I have a Classic 50 and have been very pleased with it. It handles pedals really well, and I imagine the 30 would do the same. I like the cleans a lot on it, so you'd have a good clean base and plenty of money left over to get a good dirt pedal or two. I think you'd def be set for a clean verse-heavy chorus dynamic like you described above. You can also find these used. For the tones you described, I'm sure you could go:

Classic30
TS9
Another dirt pedal for heavier distortion (maybe like a Rat?)
Fulltone Octafuzz (for the octave leads you mentioned plus its fuzz side is good too)
Something else for color? A decent delay?

All for under a grand, especially if you nabbed the amp used or a pedal or two used. That'd be a nice little setup for what you are going for I think.
Quote by ColeFleming
Cath, That would be super awesome, but I just don't believe I have the money for that haha, like I said amp and pedals budget is only 700 bucks.

What about a mesa Mk4 or 3? Those go within that budget there don't they?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
What about a mesa Mk4 or 3? Those go within that budget there don't they?

Not commonly. Mkiv's fetch around $900 typically
mkiii's are all over the place, (edit, i meant in availability being somewhat uncommon) but am not sure how the mkiii would fit what he is looking for
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Sep 3, 2013,
I like the sound of mesa boogies, but have never been able to play the MK3 or 4 so I wouldn't know what to expect anyways.
Also I thought about a classic 50, but I don't even know when I would be able to crank 50 watts. I mean, My vt80+ never even got past the 25 watt mark at half volume on the attenuator.
I'm actually being traded a fender blues junior for my vt80+ so should I keep the blues junior or sell it? "as it is worth a good Bit more than my vox.
You got the better end of that trade. Keep the bj if you like it.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
My only worry is whether or not the blue junior will be loud enough unmicd for practice, we have an aggressive drummer :p
Crank it and you should have no problem.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
for practice, i use a classic 30 and the other guitarist in my band uses a blues junior. we have no problem playing with a drummer. as long as you dont want cleans that are super clean (it has a bit of grit at jamming volumes), the BJ is fine. if you want those real nice cleans, you will probably want something with more headroom.