I would like to know what it costs to mod an amp and get a MP3 line build in. I would love to see a Fender 15w (super champ xd, BJ III, etc) or a Vox AC15c1 with a MP3 line in so I can connect my Boss, PC or whatever and just jam over backing tracks etc. Anybody thoughts about the price and would it be worth the cost? It is not especially about the quality of the MP3 line in, but more that I can use it while playing over my amp.

Sorry for the double post but this place seems to be better than the other topic
Do you not have a stereo or decent speakers for your PC? I much prefer this because I find otherwise you tend to muddy everything up playing through an amp and lose both your tone and the backing track/song as a result.
The sound quality would be horrible if you ran it through a guitar tube amp. Much easier on simpler non DSP amps (vox ac4 etc)
More of a diy and the cost could be as low as $8 to add another input before the power amp stage.
THIS IS ONE FANTASTIC POST

HAHA, YOU LOOKED
I own a Blackstar HT 5R at the moment, with a line in. I'm just wondering what it would take to get more of the Fenderish clean and still be able to connect my Boss BR800 somehow.

I currently don't play in a band, but it could come soon tho. I'm not specifically looking for an (stage amp), but I want to weigh my options. Preferably reverb as well...
I could use some speakers indeed. But can I connect them with the amp (with speaker output?). Then 5w Blackstar is pretty loud for home use so 15W might be too much. However, I've read that at least the Fender amps sounds good at low volume as well.

However, if I can connect my Boss with a clean sweet clean amp (with reverb) I would be happy!

The Blackstar is a good amp tho!
This whole thread is stupid, a guitar amp and speaker is voiced for a guitar i.e. VERY MID HEAVY, infact bass notes <100Hz would probably cause damage to a guitar speaker. So don't try and put a full compliment of instrument via a backing track through it. The most sensible thing to do is a pair of open back headphones, and play your backing track through your phone, computer whatever.
Most guitar amps struggle to produce high wattage bass notes, and if it's like many speakers today, it will be rated higher than the amp (unless you have something like greenbacks etc).

Fender's frontman lineup have an effects loop where you can use the power amp in as another input (won't have as much gain as guitar inputs)
THIS IS ONE FANTASTIC POST

HAHA, YOU LOOKED
Quote by gay4slipknot
This whole thread is stupid, a guitar amp and speaker is voiced for a guitar i.e. VERY MID HEAVY, infact bass notes <100Hz would probably cause damage to a guitar speaker. So don't try and put a full compliment of instrument via a backing track through it. The most sensible thing to do is a pair of open back headphones, and play your backing track through your phone, computer whatever.

Yeah I agree for most of your text, don't get my wrong. But I use my amp only at home (now) and a MP3 line is such a plus for practising so a line in or a possibility to jam along is a super feature for me.

@ Invader Jim

Will it work if I plug my guitar into my Boss (1) and use the line out of the Boss with the cable of the picture (2) (stero cable) and convert the 3,5 mm to a guitar signal with a plug (3)? Will the signal be any good?