i have problem with palm muting
when i palm muting like A dont know exactly number 2 (is it 2?) E3? together
greate sound like harmony not feedback dont know how describe it
i noticed too much treble greate that sound
i change the strings to Dean Markley signature series 10-46 now i can do more treble
is there away fix this, or is it me?
I can't say I understood, but I can say as much:

It is you and it can be fixed. Can you make a video or post a recording or describe better?
Quote by Facecut
I can't say I understood, but I can say as much:

It is you and it can be fixed. Can you make a video or post a recording or describe better?

how about soundcloud?
Quote by Facecut
Sure

im right on it

you search me as(?) ''piita''

give me 15 min
Sounds like you are scraping across the strings with an angled pick. Try it holding the pick flatter. The first part of the clip also sounds like you're muting with your fretting hand and creating some harmonics. Are you you touching the strings with your left hand when you palm mute open strings?
Quote by J_W
Sounds like you are scraping across the strings with an angled pick. Try it holding the pick flatter. The first part of the clip also sounds like you're muting with your fretting hand and creating some harmonics. Are you you touching the strings with your left hand when you palm mute open strings?

pick flat like 80% work need pracktice
no left hand mute

thanks for your expertise
You are not muting in the right spot and thus creating a harmonic instead of muting. Move your palm back to the bridge more and experiment with pressure.
Last edited by Facecut at Sep 3, 2013,
Quote by Facecut
You are not muting in the right spot and thus creating a harmonic instead of muting. Move your palm back to the bridge more and experiment with pressure.

will do, sir
Sounds scratchy to me, like he's not getting enough pick on the string and kind of scraping the end of the pick instead of actually picking. Use more of the pick, pick harder and more pressure on the muting.