So I've got a Blackstar HT 1x12 cabinet and the respective head.
Since my band is starting gigging and practicing around where I live at uni, I'm looking at putting some casters onto the bottom of the cabinet, so that I don't have to carry it everywhere so I don't age quickly/ruin my back.

I've done some research, and the general consensus seems to be get removeable casters as otherwise my cabinet may start rolling when I'm playing.
I don't fancy putting my 1x12 on it's side either, so removable casters it is then!

I was looking at getting a set of these:-
http://www.amazon.com/Ernie-Ball-6102-Caster-Deluxe/dp/B001FQ74FW

But unfortunately I'm not sure whether they're removable or not, so I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with installing removable casters and if they could recommend me some!
Looking through a few of the reviews, one guy mentions taking them out, so I'd assume yes they're removable. Pop out probably means they'll just pull out when you need them to as well.
*insert witty statement here*
Quote by metalhead352
Looking through a few of the reviews, one guy mentions taking them out, so I'd assume yes they're removable. Pop out probably means they'll just pull out when you need them to as well.

Hmm should have noticed that :/

Have you had any experience with installing casters on cabinets at all?
Another option you could look into although it might be more expensive it to find a flight case for the cab that has wheels on it.

Then you can transport it to gigs with the added protection of the case and take it out of the case at the venue so it won't roll around on the wheels.

Something like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flight-Case-For-Blackstar-Artisan-15-1x12-Combo-/380706621999
Quote by WeZ-84
Another option you could look into although it might be more expensive it to find a flight case for the cab that has wheels on it.

Then you can transport it to gigs with the added protection of the case and take it out of the case at the venue so it won't roll around on the wheels.

Something like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flight-Case-For-Blackstar-Artisan-15-1x12-Combo-/380706621999

Thats a bit out of my price range right now.

Certainly an idea, however we're not THAT big a band.
We're just playing small bar gigs, our student union and practice room for the time being.
If you find it too heavy to carry, i wouldn't worry about it rolling away while you're playing. Unless you're gigging on a hill or something! I wouldn't of thought a 1X12 would be that heavy to necessitate this though!
I've never had a problem or even seen anyones speaker enclosure roll away while playing, regardless of size. I think an easier solution though, if you are worried about it, would be to find a set of casters with a brake on them. Then it would just be a simple step or lift of your foot to get it rolling again.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
I bought those for a shitty 4x12 raven cab that I used to own. They were great. Rolled smoothly and everything. Just make sure to put the screws in straight or else the wheel s going to be slightly crooked. Yea you could also pop the wheels off just by giving them a slight tug. But if your cab doesn't have holes you will have to make some. The kid who sold me the raven cab damaged one of the holes and I had to make a new one. I made a small hole with my power drill then I used a filing iron to make the hole bigger but not too big. Then I used a rubber mallet to whack the caster inside. They never came loose or fell off.
Marty Friedman+Jason Becker=Cacophony
Last edited by megaluisdeth at Sep 3, 2013,