After running my Tiny Terror head through a borrowed marshall mg 4x12 for about a year, the time has come for me to get a cab of my own. I've made a list of considerations-
1) Since space is an issue for me and I don't play gigs (well one in two years in a regular gigging band) where I don't mic the guitar, I'm after a 1x12.
2) Budget is around £200, but I'd rather have a keeper than a cheaper stopgap.
3)Will consider new or used, but used for 1x12's is kind of limited from what I've seen.

I'm in Nottingham, England, and the one to beat so far is the Orange 1x12 at £218. I'm no tone purist, so open/closed back is no issue to me, as is specific speaker, but I'd prefer a celestion or comparable brand. Thanks for reading.

tl;dr looking for 1x12 cabs in england, budget C £200, quality important but specific sound negotiable.
Dude, where's my band?
Some custom cab seems like the right choice.

You don't see a lot of high quality 1x12 out there, so a custom one will be a choice to get exactly what you want - color, speaker, grill, you name it.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
can you try your head with the orange cab? that might be the thing.

kind of a predicament here, because a lot of people don't seem to like a v30 in a 1x12, but then again that's what orange has gone for and they may well have voiced the amp to suit v30s.

there are definite custom options from the like of zilla, roadkill, matamp etc. but considering your head might match an orange cab best there might not be much point, especially if you decide a v30 is the best speaker... going custom is a better plan if you have very specific needs and wants which are difficult or expensive to get off the shelf.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have tried the TT with the V30 ppc and the TT combo with the G12H30. I preferred the combo's speaker over the V30
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ touché, i just assumed the combo had a v30 too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ touché, i just assumed the combo had a v30 too.

Yeah I would also.

The TT is an OK amp, but the combo sounds better IMO
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i've only tried the head
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah, I'll be taking my amp in to try before I buy, one of the benefits of going new is you get to try it to death in store.

As for the speaker, I also assumed that the speaker would be the same as the combo version. I'll check for a place with a combo TT in to try and A/B my head and prospective cab with the combo. But as I said, exact sound is something I can no longer believe in- I've long since realised I'm too poor/impatient to chase any 'perfect' sound, this may play into my favour here.

I'll have a look at the custom brands suggested too, thanks.
Dude, where's my band?