Page 1 of 2
It is usually said that if someone doesnt develop perfect pitch by the age of 10 they will never develop it.

However, i never had any musical training until recently.

I have noticed that i am able to sing the notes c e and b pretty close to their actual pitch
and can identify them by ear almost 100% of the time without reference.

Do u think it is possible for me to develop perfect pitch given my ability to identify those 3 notes..?

I guess what im asking is given that information do u believe it is possible for me to have all 12 notes down cold with a lot of practice?

However when i sing the notes the tend to be sharp or flat sometimes by a whole half step and the note im hearing in my head is a different than what im singing
Last edited by FredJazz at Sep 3, 2013,
Quote by FredJazz
idk about the rules here cuz im new but is that not cnsidered spamming

r* for spam
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
So you're willing to spell out words like information, reference, and training, but "you" is too much effort?
Check out my band Disturbed
idk about the rules here cuz im old but is that not cnsidered the wrong forum for this topic
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Wrong part of the Forum dude. Pit stands for Plenty (of) Idiot Trolls. If you want a serious answer go to the right sub-forum.
Quote by MetalMullet
Wrong part of the Forum dude. Pit stands for Plenty (of) Idiot Trolls. If you want a serious answer go to the right sub-forum.

I'm fairly sure that the pit stands for justice
Quote by MetalMullet

That's really what it stands for? How unfortunate...
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Anyone seen Basti95 in a while?
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Absolute pitch is overrated. What you really need is great relative pitch for critical listening

(and a new amp)

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Bazz22

Can I be Flash?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Trowzaa
Pretty sure he got perma'd.

But he was fun.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Shit thread but my old music teacher had a great ear and it was very impressive and I loved her but she has a boyfriend but he almost got a touring job with the Lion King musical so I could have had her but then he lost out got down to the final 2 tho
Quote by willT08
Shit thread but my old music teacher had a great ear and it was very impressive and I loved her but she has a boyfriend but he almost got a touring job with the Lion King musical so I could have had her but then he lost out got down to the final 2 tho

The tears are real right now
Perfect pitch is dumb.
People with PP get irked when a note is just slightly out of tune, and it ruins music for them. I don't want that shit, and you shouldn't either.
Perfect Pitch is a nice trait for talent shows.
Absolute Pitch can help you get gigs, help impress the ladies.

Guess which I favour.
you don't need perfect pitch
it's all about that relative shit yeh
Quote by Bazz22

and the American Way™
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Sep 3, 2013,
Quote by StewieSwan
So you're willing to spell out words like information, reference, and training, but "you" is too much effort?

STFU. I didnt know information, reference, and training had common interenet abbreviation. You're just so impressive pointing that out rnt u?
Don't call Stewie a runt.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
You can't. Work on relative pitch. Having god like relative pitch is the same as having perfect pitch except you have to hear one note as reference. That's it. Just one.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by FredJazz
idk about the rules here cuz im new but is that not cnsidered spamming

yeah it is. lemme go punish those offenders.

okay. they've been punished.

have a good day sir/madam.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by FredJazz
It is usually said that if someone doesn't develop perfect pitch by the age of 10 they will never develop it.

There was a story on NPR a while back, I think it was on Tech Nation I think, and the scientist said that the percentage of children in China with perfect pitch is much higher than for children in Western countries. This is because the Chinese language (most of China speaks Mandarin), is a pitch based language. And children at an early age memorize the pitches at the same time they learn the language.
So many of the children in China have perfect pitch.

Other children learning pitch based languages like Cantonese, and I think he said Vietnamese also is a pitch based language if I remember correctly, also have perfect pitch at a much higher rate than in the West.
Last edited by mattmakaha at Sep 4, 2013,
Jordan Rudess claims to have perfect pitch and i'd believe him because he's a robot and also a bit of a wizard. have you ever seen that beard? Wizard tier beard
Quote by FredJazz
STFU. I didnt know information, reference, and training had common interenet abbreviation. You're just so impressive pointing that out rnt u?

Maybe I'll ref some info for you then.

Quote by mattmakaha
There was a story on NPR a while back, I think it was on Tech Nation I think, and the scientist said that the percentage of children in China with perfect pitch is much higher than for children in Western countries. This is because the Chinese language (most of China speaks Mandarin), is a pitch based language. And children at an early age memorize the pitches at the same time they learn the language.
So many of the children in China have perfect pitch.

Other children learning pitch based languages like Cantonese, and I think he said Vietnamese also is a pitch based language if I remember correctly, also have perfect pitch at a much higher rate than in the West.

Strangely enough, about 60% of the world's languages are tonal. The western world just happens to be dominated by the some of the 40% that aren't.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Sep 4, 2013,
Can people with perfect pitch hear the mumbo jumbo that the Dumble guy talks about? crystal lattices and all that shit
Quote by CaptainCanti
I used to have perfect pitch when I was like 12.

then your friend whammied without a whammy bar and ****ed it all up?
Well, it has upsides and downsides. The upsides are good, and the downsides can give you a headache until you learn to deal with them. But if you learn to deal with them and also learn good relative pitch, it's good.

Relative pitch is important for any musician, even if you have AP.
Quote by soundgarden1986
[

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
i don't know why i feel so dry
^
Quote by FredJazz
do u believe it is possible for me to have all 12 notes down cold with a lot of practice?
Yes.

Have fun.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
the threads where the pit discusses music in terms of playing, technique etc are always worthwhile to read.

sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Page 1 of 2