Hey all, I'm off to California for a couple of weeks. Work for the first week, then holiday for the second. I'm thinking of doing the Whisky-a-go-go & maybe the viper room in LA, then drive to San Francisco FR for a few days. Any recommendations for sucking in some nice guitar tones and rock vibe?
Anywhere else I should go? Btw, I'm into Led Zep, Sabbath, SG's and Big Muffs... Lol
Just drive around LA with your windows down obnoxiously playing every song that mentions California in it.
all of california and everyone who lives there stinks
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Dont forget to play GTA5 when you're in Cali.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by jakesmellspoo
all of california and everyone who lives there stinks

^ Jelly because he doesn't get to live in California.
Rocker guitars in San Francisco.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by TheChaz

lolnah.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by TheChaz

There's nothing good in California. It's a libtarded shithole with too many stupid laws and it's full of freedom and fun haters.
Quote by FearMyLightning
There's nothing good in California. It's a libtarded shithole with too many stupid laws and it's full of freedom and fun haters.

i like california more than i like you.
Quote by johnnyx0
Any recommendations for sucking in some nice guitar tones

Not in some old, shitty rock clubs. That's for sure.
Quote by McTodd

why the hell does that band need 3 guitarist.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by FearMyLightning

Sounds like someone's jealous of our three W's.
The big rock clubs live and die by who is playing so I never go randomly. I have a slight preference for the Viper Room but I've had fun at both.

When are you going and what part of LA are you staying in? This city is SPRAWLING! I assume Los Angeles becaue you mentioned the Sunset strip.
"Btw, I'm into Led Zep, Sabbath, SG's and Big Muffs... Lol"

what does this have to do with anything? Both of those bands are British
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Thanks all, keep the suggestions coming.
I'm staying in Redondo with work, and then no plans as yet, so no hotels booked for the holiday part of my trip. I arrive in LA on Sunday... If anyone sees a long haired Brit wandering around in a Black Sabbath t-shirt and a hangover, that'll be me

Just remember that once you get there, it will take way longer than you think it will to get anywhere else in California.

Source: California resident for literally my entire life.
Last edited by Samdroid at Sep 4, 2013,
^You do know your location says New Hampshire right?

Quote by JAHellraiser
"Btw, I'm into Led Zep, Sabbath, SG's and Big Muffs... Lol"

what does this have to do with anything? Both of those bands are British

It's the kind of music he likes.

TS, if that's the sort of thing you're looking for, I know exactly where you want to go: the 70's.

Last time I was in CA was a decade ago, but I imagine right now LA is full of shit "indie" crud like Lana Del Rey and something in between hair metal revival shit and AX7.

Once again just on speculation, but San Francisco Bay might have to some cool punk and psych revival stuff going on.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at Sep 4, 2013,