Hello,
I was wondering if someone here could help me out a little,

Also sorry if this is a dumb question, ..

I am preparing to add the little VTB2 effect unit to my strat but after looking at the wiring diagrams can see they are using a stereo jack, would there be a way of wiring in the unit using a mono jack or am i going to have to buy the extra jack before i start.

Thanks in advance

The stereo jack is used to switch the battery on and off by unplugging the cable. Otherwise you're draining the battery when you're not using it. So you need the stereo jack, or another switch to cut the battery.
If it's battery powered, you will need a stereo jack. I don't really see what the big deal is anyway, they're like £2.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by Roc8995
The stereo jack is used to switch the battery on and off by unplugging the cable. Otherwise you're draining the battery when you're not using it. So you need the stereo jack, or another switch to cut the battery.

understood, Thanks

If it's battery powered, you will need a stereo jack. I don't really see what the big deal is anyway, they're like £2.
Thanks for the reply, lol, i wasnt really concerned about the cost of new jack, its having to wait for it to arrive that that annoys me

Thanks for the replies, appreciate it