Hey im a newbie and i wanna know why evh amps are so much money i heard they sound great and i really need a new amp but i dont have lot of money im stuck with a fender frontman 15g and a squiar affinity strat.
All signature models are ridiculously overpriced.

What's your location, budget, style, etc?
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
most amps at that kind of money sound great

what type of tone(s) are you after and what's your budget and location (country, not address!)?
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Relatively speaking, they don't cost much money - at least, here in the United States, they don't. The EVH 5150-III is a three-channel, 100-watt tube amp that sells for US$1,800.00. Its little brother, the 50-watt three-channel version, sells for US$1,000.00. As far as 50+ watt tube amps are concerned, that is about average. Take a look at the offerings in that range from Marshall, Diamond, Blackstar and the like. You'll see what I mean.

The EVH amps are made by Fender, and they are made to one guy's exacting specifications, so there is not a lot of overlap between Fender's regular lineup and the EVH amps. Even so, a Fender Twin Reverb amp sells for $1,450.00 new, so the EVH amps are right about where one would expect them to be, price-wise.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
Quote by jjfeu662
All signature models are ridiculously overpriced.

What's your location, budget, style, etc?

I play some hendrix and alot of green day and hard rock im really looking for a amp around 300$.
Quote by elijahadams20
I play some hendrix and alot of green day and hard rock im really looking for a amp around 300$.

I think that you don't need EVH for that type of music.
Quote by JackovSlayer
I think that you don't need EVH for that type of music.

I like mixing amps and pedals making my own sound insted of copying.
$300?

Hard rock?

used Valveking 112 will do.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
ESP Horizon NT-7 (SD Full Shreds)
UA Apollo Twin Duo
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Focal Alpha 65 monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^ yeah.
Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Quote by elijahadams20

location?

so used amps are okay?

are you playing with a drummer or just low volume stuff?
Quote by gregs1020
location?

so used amps are okay?

are you playing with a drummer or just low volume stuff?

Yeah i love used gear and i dont play with a drummer i mostly play bedroom volume.
Quote by elijahadams20
I like mixing amps and pedals making my own sound insted of copying.

Okay. Get a Mesa Triple Rectifier and a put a blues driver before it and play ragtime!