I have several amps that I love. I have one that I almost sold recently. I used it last night at a gig and fell in love with it again. I took down my Craig's List ad and now can't wait to use it again.

Why am I so confused about amps and my sound? Seems like I go from amp to amp... searching for something that I already have.

Is this a kind of musician's disease?

Help
Quote by HoneyboyHart
Is this a kind of musician's disease?

Yes.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Not only yes, but there's no known cure!

Although treating the symptoms is fun, albeit expensive...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
also if you're coming here for help, bear in mind we'll just make you worse.

you have avoided the absolute worst mistake, though. you didn't post this on TGP.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think it has a lot to do with the music that we grew up with all using different sounds and methods. We all want to have that perfect setup for every song/style we love, but without selling our cars and houses. This is why stuff like modelling amps and MFX pedals are so popular.

It's definitely a disease.
TS, in the past year I have went through more than 10 amps. I loved them all. Good luck, it doesn't get any better with time.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
A couple of years ago I hated my Telecaster. It played nice and felt good in my hands but the sound wasn't there. So I decided I was going to sell it. I ended up swapping out the pickups in the guitar and the sound was more tonally pleasing to me. I know for a fact that I would have regretted selling that guitar because it's my favorite now. How you feel about your gear can change time to time. Humans are fickle in nature.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
I think the biggest reason why we search for that "sound" is we are so used to hearing songs that have been produced in a studio and with so many overdubs using different amp setups we get lost looking for all these different sounds lodged in our memory
I think you guys have a point about what we are used to hearing. There are so many "sounds" out there that we can never get them all with one amp or one guitar.

There's really no hope. I think the disease is fatal (for my bank account any ways).
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
agreed

Quote by Dave_Mc
also if you're coming here for help, bear in mind we'll just make you worse.

you have avoided the absolute worst mistake, though. you didn't post this on TGP.

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by HoneyboyHart
I think you guys have a point about what we are used to hearing. There are so many "sounds" out there that we can never get them all with one amp or one guitar.

There's really no hope. I think the disease is fatal (for my bank account any ways).

Went to your sites.

Good tunes!

Hope you're here to contribute and not just mining for your blog etc?
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Offworld92

lol
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
only buy amps, never sell them. problem solved.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae