Hi guys, it's me again.

I've been looking for a while for a pedal now and your help is welcome. As I have a voucher for a music store, I feel like buying it soon. I play over a Blackstar HT 5R combo (home use) with my Fender 72 Telecaster Deluxe (HH) and PRS SE EG (SSS)

I want to be able to change my sound a bit and alternate. During my research I found out that I like the use of a compressor pedal. I found out that both the Barber Tone Press and Xotic SP Compressor are good compressors.

I also liked pedals that bring your sounds more alive like the TC Electronic Spark Booster. It seems to open up the sound and add some extra dynamics. It has that nice kind of sparkle as the name suggests. However, my amp is not all the way open at home so a big DB booster might be too much. Clean volume is around 2-3 o'clock and the overdrive channel is not too high.

I don't want to pinpoint myself upon one kind of pedal but boosters and compressor are the most likely options right now. Because the either compress nicely or open it up real nice!

I probably rule out delays, flangers, tremolo's, etc. I also can produce good distorted sounds with my amp so a distortion or overdrive pedal is probably not what I need right now.

Any thoughts of a suitable pedal? Either with that sparkle or nice compression?
Last edited by GuitarL91 at Sep 4, 2013,
if you are looking for compressors i have owned two
the pigtronix philosopher's tone is a nice compressor where you have the normal compressor controls and a grit knob ( think smooth OD) and a treble knob

Also another compressor that might be good for you is the Diamond Compressor. That one is a nice and simple yet high quality it balances your clean volumes really well.

Also a chorus pedal might be what you're looking for to beef up your clean sound.
Seconded on the chorus pedal, it could make your sound more exciting and usually boosts a bit as well.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Just a thought to consider, I have a Crate V33. I always found the clean channel very nice. I recently bought a Joyo AC Tone (Tech 21 Liverpool clone) and man the clean channel is twice as good now. It's so clear and defined now. Gobs and gobs of chine without being harsh. That Crate is rather dark though, and the pedal is very bright, so you may not necessarily have similar results. The pedal can be used as a dirt box, but don't think that's all it is. It can be set completely clean and enhance your clean tone. If you don't like a Voxy sound, you may not like it too much. If you sit more on the Fender cleans side of the fence, they make a Fender box too.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by tas38
Just a thought to consider, I have a Crate V33. I always found the clean channel very nice. I recently bought a Joyo AC Tone (Tech 21 Liverpool clone) and man the clean channel is twice as good now. It's so clear and defined now. Gobs and gobs of chine without being harsh. That Crate is rather dark though, and the pedal is very bright, so you may not necessarily have similar results. The pedal can be used as a dirt box, but don't think that's all it is. It can be set completely clean and enhance your clean tone. If you don't like a Voxy sound, you may not like it too much. If you sit more on the Fender cleans side of the fence, they make a Fender box too.

Thanks for the tip! I checked out your amp, but isn't it too loud for home use? I'm gonna dig into the pedal and read some more!
I really like a subtle phaser on my clean sound from time to time, maybe give that a try as well.
Quote by I K0nijn I
I really like a subtle phaser on my clean sound from time to time, maybe give that a try as well.

I'm not really a phaser guy I think...
I'd say a compressor.
They come handier in my experience.

Up for the Suhr Koji Comp or Alesis 3632 if you want something to impress your friends, or the Joyo Dynamic Compressor if you wanna go for something cheap.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Wampler Ego Compressor. The best compressor pedal i've personally seen thus far, and also can double as a boost AND sustainer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THXE9R-xMf8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGPDVjsYfFw
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by Spambot_2
I'd say a compressor.
They come handier in my experience.

Up for the Suhr Koji Comp or Alesis 3632 if you want something to impress your friends, or the Joyo Dynamic Compressor if you wanna go for something cheap.

I have a voucher for around €150 or $195
Quote by GuitarL91
I'm not really a phaser guy I think...

You never know until you try. ^^
As for compressors, I'd check out the Demeter COMP-1, Empress Compressor and if you want a compressor and boost in one, maybe a Sonic Edge Thumbleweed.
Quote by I K0nijn I
You never know until you try. ^^
As for compressors, I'd check out the Demeter COMP-1, Empress Compressor and if you want a compressor and boost in one, maybe a Sonic Edge Thumbleweed.

True, but to narrow down my looking range I will eliminate the phasers
The store I have my voucher for provides a lot of pedals, but not all of the pedals posted here are available. However, the Barber Tone Press I had my eye on is available there. I read some more reviews and saw some movies about it. I'm still pretty impressed and I still like it. So far it's a winner.
Quote by I K0nijn I
If you like it and think the price is justified, get it.

Jep! Tomorrow I will go to the store and try some stuff out Update will follow tomorrow
I uploaded this for you. I played the first bit with it off, then played it again with it on. I did the same thing again with a different piece of music.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/tas38/music/all/play1217193
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Small update: I went to the store and tried the Barber Tone Press. On the overdrive channel the compressor got really noisy. I know about the noise of compressors, but it really disturbed me. It was noisy at a really low (overdrive channel) volume and by turning up the volume, the noise made the pedal a NO-GO for me.