Teacher, 49, sentenced to 30 days in jail after rape and suicide of student, 14

Page 1 of 2
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2404984/Cherice-Morales-Judge-Todd-Baugh-tries-justify-30-day-sentence-teacher-raped-student-14.html

Judge explains that the teen was 'older than her chronological age'.

edit: Sorry for the dailymail link, I didn't feel like using the CNN link with its videos.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Last edited by vintage x metal at Sep 4, 2013,
"Cherice killed herself while the case was pending and her mother says the sex abuse by the teacher was 'a major factor' in her suicide"

Sounds like some serious speculation to me....

/sarcasm
the 14 year old knew what she was doing
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Well, whoop di fucking doo

I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
dailymail
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Meanwhile a male student is raped by his teacher but nobody cares because he probably enjoyed it unless he's some kind of faggot.
Check out my band Disturbed
Yeah, her cosmogonical age puts her at least around 4 billion years. She should have known by now how to behave.

When will the depravity of our youth end
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by StewieSwan
Meanwhile a male student is raped by his teacher but nobody cares because he probably enjoyed it unless he's some kind of faggot.

This situation would be just as shitty if it were a boy, and you're right, he would go through his own individual miseries because of societal gender constraints. Everybody loses.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by StewieSwan

My sister told me about this on my birthday. And I was like "WAY TO BUM ME OUT ON MY BIRTHDAY BRO"
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Dreadnought
Yeah, her cosmogonical age puts her at least around 4 billion years. She should have known by now how to behave.

... And what is the cosmogonical age of the teacher who should have known not to fuck a 14-year-old?
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
... And what is the cosmogonical age of the teacher who should have known not to fuck a 14-year-old?

Quote by progdude93

I think that's old enough to know better... but let's be real, you can't expect him to resist dat young pussy.

.__.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Jackal58

Daily Mail is such a fail that next to them, Huffington Post looks like responsible, informative journalism

EDIT: to clarify, notice that the Daily Mail doesn't disclose that the judge is trying to undo his decision....
Last edited by progdude93 at Sep 4, 2013,
Quote by vintage x metal

Probably the same
Quote by ehbacon
I would be interested if the website wasn't dailymail.com

[colour="hardcore"]hardcore[/colour]

Quote by Dreadnought
Probably the same

So he should have known better, right?

I'm not saying young girls are sexually oblivious. They're not necessarily. But older men are not sexually oblivious, either, so I'm not sure why he should garner any sympathy.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

ah, I'm so bad at reading interweb sarcasm.

edit: sorry Dread, sore subject
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

As a teacher in training who knows teachers who have had relationships with students, these people scum.

This case is fairly obvious, given that the girl was underage, but that shouldn't even matter. If you are a teacher you don't get to have a relationship with a student regardless of the circumstance, their age, or your age. I know teachers who've justified it by waiting till the person graduated and was 18, doesn't matter, still unbelievably wrong. If you taught them, they are off limits, now and forever. The fact that such teachers are not immediately gotten rid of is shocking to me.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
The real issue here isn't a teacher having sex with a student, it's a teacher RAPING a student.

Yeah, I get that a teacher having sex with a student is a breach of both professionalism and ethics, but that's kind of insignificant in a case of RAPE.
Quote by progdude93
The real issue here isn't a teacher having sex with a student, it's a teacher RAPING a student.

Yeah, I get that a teacher having sex with a student is a breach of both professionalism and ethics, but that's kind of insignificant in a case of RAPE.

For sure, it's basically an only tangentially related rant on something that bothers me quite a bit.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by vintage x metal
ah, I'm so bad at reading interweb sarcasm.

edit: sorry Dread, sore subject

No problem I understand I was making fun of the idiot judge's use of chronological age.
Is this a case of physical rape or statutory rape? I could really decipher it from the article, although I didn't read the whole thing.

If she was physicals pushed into it then of course he should get a harsher sentence. If the sex was consensual then I don't particularly see the issue, other than the 'ick factor'. Plenty of 14 year olds are mature to have sex, and plenty act on that maturity.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I got 2 years of probation for a marijuana and paraphernalia charge. 30 days in jail is a better gig for both crimes. UK all the way.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
Quote by Dreadnought
No problem I understand I was making fun of the idiot judge's use of chronological age.

Yeah I realized that after prog had pointed out that you were joking It's hard, you know? Even I joke about rape sometimes because it is a very real thing and humor is a reflection of reality, but people really believe some of the shit the spew, and then it's difficult to keep my mouth shut

Anyway, thanks
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Todd Hart
Is this a case of physical rape or statutory rape? I could really decipher it from the article, although I didn't read the whole thing.

If she was physicals pushed into it then of course he should get a harsher sentence. If the sex was consensual then I don't particularly see the issue, other than the 'ick factor'. Plenty of 14 year olds are mature to have sex, and plenty act on that maturity.

It's not that simple. A 14-year-old is totally capable of having sex, especially with someone his/her age. A 49-year-old teacher is not treating his 14-year-old "girlfriend" fairly by putting her in a social situation she cannot escape from, moreover happening in his workplace, and he has a much longer or more complex sexual understanding than she does.

Teenagers will be teenagers, but it's pretty clear why this is abusive.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
It's not that simple. A 14-year-old is totally capable of having sex, especially with someone his/her age. A 49-year-old teacher is not treating his 14-year-old "girlfriend" fairly by putting her in a social situation she cannot escape from, moreover happening in his workplace, and he has a much longer or more complex sexual understanding than she does.

Teenagers will be teenagers, but it's pretty clear why this is abusive.

also add that the 49 year old in question was an authority figure to the child.
Quote by Todd Hart

I believe you would consider it as statutory. The stories I have read about it makes it appear that way anyways.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Eastwinn
also add that the 49 year old in question was an authority figure to the child.

Right; I had meant to imply that in the 'teacher/student' phrasing but in case it wasn't clear, this.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

It was statutory, it was wrong, the judge acted foolishly and the sentence was incredibly lenient.

But the suicide took place 2 years after the crime which makes it difficult to know what other issues were at hand.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911

But the suicide took place 2 years after the crime which makes it difficult to know what other issues were at hand.

This is true.
Quote by Arby911
It was statutory, it was wrong, the judge acted foolishly and the sentence was incredibly lenient.

I agree with that; however, it is a really sad circumstance, and it gets in the way of her own representation in court.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
I agree with that; however, it is a really sad circumstance, and it gets in the way of her own representation in court.

I would say that it totally deletes her own representation, not just gets in the way
^ Yes.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Well that sucks. Felt so bad for her mom while reading that :/

Quote by Dreadnought

first
Quote by StewieSwan

second

Quote by MinterMan22
[colour="hardcore"]hardcore[/colour]

third
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Page 1 of 2