Poll Options
View poll results: Religion should be
Illegal
35 52%
Not legal
32 48%
Voters: 67.
Page 1 of 6
Che Guava once said, "Religion is the opiate of the masses" and I think that's true. All religion does is cause wars and stop science from building lunar colonies. It should be made illegal and anyone who professes to know what god (see: imaginary friend) thinks should be put in a psych ward. F#ck religion!

Thoughts?
PM me for newts
I made this thread a couple years ago, there was a resounding no
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Stewie should be banned just because lol

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Stewie should be banned just because lol

The only thing worse than religion (poison) is your piano "sonata"
PM me for newts

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
anyone that says religion should be banned has instantly alienated anyone that's religious...

banning religion would be a very very stupid move. Some people rely on it to live their lives, and others seek it for peace of mind, and others more for various reasons.

While I agree religion contributes just shy of nothing(comedy being the exception) to society whatsoever, banning it is just as counterproductive.

All we can hope for is that the human race as a whole will gradually grow mature, less afraid, and more intelligent. At which point religion would be no more.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by guitarxo
hi brad

This is what I was gonna say
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
this is actually hilarious

rated 5 stars

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

It shouldn't be banned, things should just be more secular; which, just happens to be difficult while religion is around. You should be able to believe anything you want and be able to speak freely about those beliefs, just don't get upset when someone doesn't share your view.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
Yawn.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by Rossenrot
When did making fun of atheism become the cool thing?

Shortly after pointlessly making fun of religion became cool?
Nah
but if I had a big button which, once pressed, would disband all organised religion, I'd consider pressing it
sectarianism is a bitch, particularly
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Hydra150
Nah
but if I had a big button which, once pressed, would disband all organised religion, I'd consider pressing it

what if it was a lever?
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
all the better
As much as i hate religion, people have the right to choose a religion and follow a faith. However, religious institutions should be made to follow the same laws as everyone else - they should pay tax, not be allowed to cover up child abuse etc.
Quote by Hydra150
Nah

I read this in a rather Kirk-ish meter
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Only if it includes science and atheism.

But really, no. If you aren't harming anyone, do as you please. Live and let live and free will and shit. And though I don't subscribe to any particular religion I find it extremely interesting. And who knows. Maybe just like beer, civilization might have never gotten where it is today if everyone were nihilists and stuff.
Last edited by Wormholes at Sep 5, 2013,
Just Islam because their prophet was a pedophile and the countries that are Islam are completely barbaric.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Hell to the nah.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I think religion is fine only as a personal belief. It's the one's who go overboard and start judging and shoving it down each other's throats that are the problem.

Oh. And the hardcore Christian speakers who believe Pokemon is the devil's work and shouldn't be played by children because fighting is evil.

I don't know where we went wrong.
Not that I like Pokemon anyways.
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Sep 5, 2013,
people should be free to be religious if they want,
people that are strongly against religion are as annoying as strongly religious people
I found a pic of OP:

However I don't think religion should have a say in how the state is governed - we'd be a lot further forward with science and technology if there wasn't all the religious anti-science fervour of the post Roman to Renaissance period.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Sep 5, 2013,
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I found a pic of OP:

If he wasn't wearing a stupid Fedora, would his statement carry a little more weight and authority?
signature
Quote by bradulator
Just Islam because their prophet was a pedophile and the countries that are Islam are completely barbaric.

Which prophet? Jesus? They have many prophets.
Quote by Bullet-Rule
If he wasn't wearing a stupid Fedora, would his statement carry a little more weight and authority?

Nah cos he's being all horrible and arrogant.

We need more Christopher Hitchens in this thread too, the man was such a good debater.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51

We need more Christopher Hitchens in this thread too, the man was such a good debater.

he was a master
Quote by StewieSwan
Che Guava once said, "Religion is the opiate of the masses" and I think that's true. All religion does is cause wars and stop science from building lunar colonies. It should be made illegal and anyone who professes to know what god (see: imaginary friend) thinks should be put in a psych ward. F#ck religion!

Thoughts?

I see someone has been reading Christopher Hitchens.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
All we can hope for is that the human race as a whole will gradually grow mature, less afraid, and more intelligent. At which point religion would be no more.

[sarcasm]Well, things certainly seem to be heading that way.[/sarcasm]

I'm afraid your hope is no different from religious faith: completely unfounded in reality. I, too, want this to happen but there's no evidence it will. Religious nuts seem to be getting nuttier. Stupid people outbreed intelligent people. As one religion dies out, another, worse, religion takes its place.

Religion shouldn't be banned. To do so would be to ape one of the worst aspects of religion: control.
Last edited by Jehannum at Sep 5, 2013,
Religion itself gives a good moral bias. But like all in life, moderation is key. But we are creatures of excess and self serving. TS hasn't looked at both sides, I feel. Things aren't as black and white as atheists, or people in organized religion for that matter, think. Also humours me that ultimately, science and religion are striving for the same goal.
Quote by fLYinGV23
Religion itself gives a good moral bias. But like all in life, moderation is key. But we are creatures of excess and self serving. TS hasn't looked at both sides, I feel. Things aren't as black and white as atheists, or people in organized religion for that matter, think. Also humours me that ultimately, science and religion are striving for the same goal.

To me, either god(s) exist or they don't. If that's 'black and white' so be it.

Your humour is misplaced. Science and religion aren't striving for the same goal, and they aren't striving for their goals in the same way. Religion says "this word is the truth. You must believe it." whereas science says, "this hypothesis is closer to the truth than the previous hypothesis. Use it until you discover a better one."

By sitting on the fence you're not above everyone else.