I'm kind of pissed with this situation, and when I tell it to people, they all say they'd be pissed too.

I had a laptop, and one day it fell off my sofa onto a hardwood floor. It ran fine, but the screen had these yellow lines running through the right side of the screen. It was obviously a hardware issue. What was weird is if you pushed down on the screen in a certain way, the lines would disappear and the screen looked fine, but once you let go, it'd go back to the yellow lines and shit. So to me, it just seemed like something got detached.

Anyways, I took it to Geek Squad at Best Buy to see if they would repair it. They took it, charged me $75 dollars and said they'd call me back in 1-2 days. I hadn't heard from them by the 3rd day, so I called. The guy I spoke to said it was finished, and they couldn't fix it. He said they had to take the whole thing apart and put it back together and it was unfixable, and they recommended I get a new laptop. I asked if it was still usable (it was usable before, the screen just looked ugly). He confidently said that it was still usable.

So I get it back, get to my apartment, and it can't connect to the internet. I restart it, and it just can't come back on to the login screen. Eventually the screen wouldn't even turn on, and it looked like the battery didn't work either. So I basically paid them $75 to break my laptop and tell me to buy another one.

I'm thinking about calling the corporate number or something to complain. I don't have a laptop for school anymore and had some important programs on there.
Computer repair problems have become just like car repair problems. It's best to have a friend or acquaintance that can fix the problem for you so you don't have to take it to a shop just to get scammed.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by The Madcap

Anyways, I took it to Geek Squad

You're a funny guy, Madcap.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Geek Squad is a massive ripoff
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
That sucks man. I would find some type of evidence on their website or in their policies somewhere before you call. Something regarding what they are and aren't responsible for.

Thought it's partially your fault for entrusting something to Geek Squad. :P
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I worked for best buy working as an inventory manager for a long while. At the end I was a front end supervisor, did a lot of customer service stuff.

Geek Squad sucks. I didn't get protection on anything that wasn't a replacement plan. Madcap, if you've got questions on how to cheat the system, PM me. I can help.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by The Madcap
Anyways, I took it to Geek Squad at Best Buy to see if they would repair it

stopped reading right there, you're ****ed. Never ever ever ever trust them to do anything right.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Was that your conversation with them in it's entirety?
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
I had the same with my laptop and it worked fine for another 2 years.

They screwed you dude.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by JustRooster

Madcap, if you've got questions on how to cheat the system, PM me. I can help.

What is this you speak of?
Depends on the issue, SomeBlueKind. Not everything can be worked around, but a lot of stuff can. Hence why I asked for a PM.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I called corporate to make a complaint today. After telling them the complaint, I was put on hold for like 10 minutes, and they told me they couldn't find any information for my laptop. I told them geek squad had to double check because when I called asking if my laptop was finished, they couldn't find it either.

I was put on hold for another 20 minutes, and when he came back on, he said that geek squad told him that the laptop wasn't in good condition, and just by coincidence, it would have broken down at the same time I gave them the laptop.

I told him I don't agree, and that I've worked in similar places and when you get an angry customer, employees just come up with an excuse for whatever mistake they made. I wasn't even upset when I said it, but he didn't reply back and hung up on me.
As far as I know fixing a screen is hardly a difficult thing relative to some problems laptops can have. I dropped mine a while back (never sneeze while it's resting on your lap, folks) and it cracked, and it was fixed without fuss.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Screens are piss easy to replace, the only hard part comes in navigating the weird chassis' out there. If it was a more serious wiring/fuse issue then that can be harder to fix as parts aren't common. $75 is probably what you'd pay if you bought a replacement screen yourself, so I'm surprised they only charged you that.

What make is your laptop?

also it seems like they probably tried to fix a wiring/fuse issue and because of how finicky that is you can mess up the rest of the laptop if you don't know what you're doing/understand the laptop brand properly.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by The Madcap
I called corporate to make a complaint today. After telling them the complaint, I was put on hold for like 10 minutes, and they told me they couldn't find any information for my laptop. I told them geek squad had to double check because when I called asking if my laptop was finished, they couldn't find it either.

I was put on hold for another 20 minutes, and when he came back on, he said that geek squad told him that the laptop wasn't in good condition, and just by coincidence, it would have broken down at the same time I gave them the laptop.

I told him I don't agree, and that I've worked in similar places and when you get an angry customer, employees just come up with an excuse for whatever mistake they made. I wasn't even upset when I said it, but he didn't reply back and hung up on me.

lol wow

I'm still amazed as to why anybody even goes to Best Buy at all.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by theguitarist
Screens are piss easy to replace, the only hard part comes in navigating the weird chassis' out there. If it was a more serious wiring/fuse issue then that can be harder to fix as parts aren't common. $75 is probably what you'd pay if you bought a replacement screen yourself, so I'm surprised they only charged you that.

What make is your laptop?

also it seems like they probably tried to fix a wiring/fuse issue and because of how finicky that is you can mess up the rest of the laptop if you don't know what you're doing/understand the laptop brand properly.
It's a lenovo laptop. PRetty sturdy one, too actually.

And yeah guys, I learned my lesson. Not going there for repairs again.
Quote by theguitarist
Screens are piss easy to replace.

Really depends on the laptop.

Quote by Xiaoxi
lol wow

I'm still amazed as to why anybody even goes to Best Buy at all.

It's a great place to test products out. The sales people who know nothing (Jon Snow) are annoying as hell though.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Sep 5, 2013,