Page 1 of 2
Last episode just aired tonight. Dem feels. Share your favourite moments from the show or thoughts on the series finale.

Coreysmonster's gone, so I had to make the thread for him
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
hopefully they make some more movies or something
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Didn't they try to cancel it like twice.
It'll be back on, once the fans rage and petition enough.
Thats how the producers know people are still interested.
¯\_()_/¯
Eh.

It's about time it died. And Futurama is probably my favorite show that's ever aired.

I just don't want to see it go the way of the Simpsons. Groeing has a habit of running shows into the ground and then stomping them in even further. I'm glad they pulled out on Futurama when they did, because it was becoming a shadow of it's former self.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I'll watch that final episode later, hope it's a decent sendoff
didn't realise they weren't planning another season
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Well there's such thing as too much of a good thing. And they are probably going to make another movie, and probably end up being picked up for a new season anyway.
tbh, the post movies series were okay and all but it felt like it was stringing the end out.

I don't want it to go the simpsons route were it's just gets tired. but at least here some change would be happening from episode to episode even if it's mostly relationship stuff that gets soap opera-y after a while.

I haven't seen the last night's one yet, but I'm sure there's still a bit more that could be tied up before the show could be done for good and one episode isn't going to do it. As far as I know, groening isn't giving up on it, just the network didn't commission any more series.

I was happy for it to finish with the last movie though.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I think the concept and setting of Futurama allow for more interesting and creative plot lines to still be written then the Simpsons. I'll still watch either as long as it's still going, and this last season still had a few good laughs, and is far better then the Simpsons. The episode where the 3012 Martian apocalypse happens was the stand out in my mind. Now that I think of it, I can watch a whole episode of Futurama without laughing and still appreciate and enjoy its clever and artistic writing and witty satire.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
No Matt Greoining you cancelled the wrong one
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
I don't see why Matt Geronigoing can't just magic up a new series, with new characters
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by cha33 armstrong
No Matt Greoining you cancelled the wrong one
Lmfao, I don't know why, but this is the best thing I've read all week.
"I think, as a musician, you should practice your technique to be as good as you need to be to facilitate whatever ideas come into your head."
- Devin Townsend
Quote by blake1221
Good.

dun dun dunnn
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I thought the last episode of season 4 was more emotional and a better fitting end for the series the first time. It left open the idea of Fry and Leela finally trying to start a relationship together (after all he did to get her attention) and see what it will head to. At least that's how I felt.
Bring back King of the Hill!!!

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I've not watched it yet, will do on the weekend.

I feel very sad about it though. I felt sad the first time it was cancelled, but this feels more real. I just hope the last episode had more closure than the first final episode.
I can actually think of several of the new episodes which were on par or better than some of the pre-movie ones. The one where Fry, Bender, and the Professor get in the Professor's time machine and they accidentally speed it up too fast...that one was fantastic.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦

You know what? Fine! Cancel it! I'l make my own Futurama! With hookers, and blackjack!

In fact, forget the Futurama part!

Why did it have to die
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Quote by homeless-john
I loved the first 4 seasons of Futurama. Loved. Probably some of my favourite TV of all time. Then the movies came out and they were pretty good. Then it started to air again and I don't know. All the ingredients were there and it was Futurama but something was just missing.

It's for the best.

Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
One of the best things they did imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kmu3tkvPiA
Quote by Gantz92
Quote by Nelsean
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Good. It needed to end after season 4.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
It was a good ending. I just feel cheated that it really only featured two of the characters instead of everybody else. Hell, even Bender was only really a plot device here. Good episode that was long time coming. Bad final episode that left me wanting.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I can actually think of several of the new episodes which were on par or better than some of the pre-movie ones. The one where Fry, Bender, and the Professor get in the Professor's time machine and they accidentally speed it up too fast...that one was fantastic.

That one was awesome, as well as Proposition Infinity, that episode had one of my all time favourite ridiculous futurama jokes
I used to be a goddamn saint. I said my prayers and handled snakes until the road introduced me to sin. I only shook hands with drink but he had friends with him
Never really cared for it, but that is a shame for people who enjoyed it.
Tell me who's that writin'...
Quote by Hydra150
I don't see why Matt Geronigoing can't just magic up a new series, with new characters

Why would he even bother? If I was him I would be blowing up luxury yachts full of money for fun.
Those of you acting like this is really the end of Futurama are idiots. Netflix will pick it up. Or Fox will realize their mistake and take it back. Hell, I could even see Adult Swim trying to get it. The show was cancelled, it did not end of its own accord. It had a few good seasons left in it. And Groening and Cohen are always willing to continue with it.

As far as the finale goes, it was not nearly at the level of The Devil's Hands are Idle Playthings. Best ep of the season was Murder on the Planet Express. Instant classic.
Quote by blake1221
Good.

It had a great, great run, but it's past time to let it die.

This.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by GuitarGod_92
Those of you acting like this is really the end of Futurama are idiots. Netflix will pick it up. Or Fox will realize their mistake and take it back. Hell, I could even see Adult Swim trying to get it. The show was cancelled, it did not end of its own accord. It had a few good seasons left in it. And Groening and Cohen are always willing to continue with it.

But every show eventually comes to an end, and because right now there doesn't seem like it would get cancelled again it's better not to get our hopes up.
Quote by Gantz92
Quote by Nelsean
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Quote by adamgur96
But every show eventually comes to an end, and because right now there doesn't seem like it would get cancelled again it's better not to get our hopes up.

If this were truly the end, they would not have written such a bad final episode. Stop insulting the creators and writers.
I think people need to learn to just let a TV show go.

Futurama has been resurrected 2 or 3 times already. I know the first time felt pretty final but this time it really does seem like it's done. That's okay. We got 6 full seasons and 4 movies. We've had our laughs. We've had great episodes and not so great episodes and it's time to just let it rest.
Makes me sad, but I'm okay with it. It has a great canon already. Unlike apparently a lot of you, I'm not nostalgic over the first seasons and I love all of them. Some of my favorite episodes are in the later seasons. Time machine episode is a good example.

Best episode is Luck of the Fryrish though
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
Makes me sad, but I'm okay with it. It has a great canon already. Unlike apparently a lot of you, I'm not nostalgic over the first seasons and I love all of them. Some of my favorite episodes are in the later seasons. Time machine episode is a good example.

Best episode is Luck of the Fryrish though

That time machine episode was my favorite one, probably.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
That time machine episode was my favorite one, probably.

"That was the other Fry. He's dead now" . Also the music and universe ending scene were badass
My God, it's full of stars!
Last edited by Dreadnought at Sep 5, 2013,
Page 1 of 2