So I got tired of playing on combo amp as the tone on my one is just crappy and u cannot alter it much. Now I am in a need of solid noise gate and a good control over the tone. The two options I found so far are digitech rp1000 or sp2101 and a footswitch of the same brand. I looked at some forums and they say rp has some problems with noise gate. Tho others say its just cuz of the gear the guy was using the board with. So could someone give me some advise on what I should go for. Have a new 8string ibanez soon and need a heavy sharp distortion yet smooth clean.
Got small ibanez amp (forgot the model name). And no, i haven't thought of geting a new amp, cuz think that something like a pod or that kinda think would give better freedom in altering the tone. What's this pod500 like?
What you really need is a new amp.

FOr what you're going to spend on an HD500, you can get an amp that you'll love.
...we came in?

Isn't this where...
Budget? - What is practical for you and what is your limit?

Genres? - What style do you play mostly, fav guitarists, do you need cleans, etc?

New or Used? - Lots of great amps out there used, especially in a down economy.

Home or Gig? - Also important. Maybe you do both. Jamming with a drummer can be considered 'gigging' but you won't have a PA etc.

Closest City? - We aren't here to stalk you but we need to know where you are in the world roughly and we can help further if we know what city you are in (ie craigslist, local shops, Guitar Center used section, etc)

Current Gear? - Also good for us to know.

Try this format TS, the POD may indeed be the answer to your qualms but we won't know until we get this info.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Arround 500 pounds is my approximate budget. Preferably new. Playing prog metal, mathcore and wana try djent. Fav guitarist'd be tosin abasi, and of the oldies- john fruciante and adam jones of tool. Wana play both clean and heavy distortion. Live in brighton. Now playing an american deluxe hss strat, but geting an ibanrz rg2228m soon. Amplifier- as mentioned earlier. gear needed for both gigs and home/rehersals.
Not sure of getting an amp, again cuz think it'd be better to have a pod for gigs