Just picked up my very first Fender Stratocaster, it is a very nice '96 MIM. The strings that came on it are meh so I am open to opinion of some great rock strings to put on it.
Great choice in guitar man, i have a 92 MIM and i love it. The first thing I did was put some Ernie Ball 10's on it. It sounds awesome and stays in tune very well. Give them a try and you won't be sry. Hope this helps.
It depends, I guess you have to try different stuff.

Ernie's standard 10s are pretty popular, but some like bronze coated 9s and some (me ) like titanium coated 12s.

My only advice is only not to use d'addarios.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
no such thing as rock strings really (as long as you don't go with flatwounds)

what strings do you normally use? or is it your first guitar?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Get a set of 9's if you're just starting out, as the guitar is probably set up for 9's already, saving you having to do a set up again.
As for brands or types it doesn't really matter as it really comes down to personal preference.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Thanks for the suggestions. I know it's personal preference when it comes down to it, but I was looking for suggestion and opinions of ones to try.
Strings are incredibly personal. Can't really give you suggestions for that. Honestly just buy a few different packs, at random if you have to. The more you try, the better you'll be able to understand what works for you.

I use Ernie Ball 8-38s on my USA Predator. Bend city. But, I use D'Addarios on every single one of my other guitars. I don't for the Predator because GC doesn't carry D'Addario 8s.

Some people like to do the whole 12s thing. Most people just stick with 9s. There is really no way we can tell you what you'll like.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
(Shor and Offworld) Yeah agreed. if you're only starting out, probably try 9s for handiness. I never understand making it hard on yourself at the start, that's ass-backwards if you ask me (we don't start kids in school on calculus before they can count ).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?