Are the AMT preamp stomp boxes worth it? I've heard of them before but i just recently started checking them out. I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with things.

I was personally checking out the S2 (Soldano SLO) and the E2 (Engl Powerball).
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
There pretty nice, I have used the R1 and the O-Drive. For the price, build quality and variety you'd be hard pressed to find anything that sounds as good for the same money (new or used).
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I've been really interested in the E1/2 as well. They sound really great on all the demos. I had the money saved up for an Engl E530 then college destroyed my wallet (yet again) so I've been thinking the E1/2 could be a good stopgap, getting it used shouldn't cost me hardly anything after resale.
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by Robbgnarly
There pretty nice, I have used the R1 and the O-Drive. For the price, build quality and variety you'd be hard pressed to find anything that sounds as good for the same money (new or used).

Curious, how did you run the R1? Into an FX return, direct recording etc.

Did you compare 9v against 12v?
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Thanks for the feedback.. I wanna some negative thoughts on it to see the Cons (except for people complaining how Its not AS warm of a sound as tubes)
Quote by BrokenDstring
Just smear poo all over everything he owns. Trade him for a fake les paul. Turtle his backpack. Bang his friends.

THIS IS WHAT THE PIT IS. RETARDED THREADS. ALL DAY, EVERY GOD DAMN DAY.
Quote by tas38
Curious, how did you run the R1? Into an FX return, direct recording etc.

Did you compare 9v against 12v?

It was run through the FX loop return of a peavey bandit 1x12 combo. It was pretty cool and if I were looking for a pedal for my dirty tones I would deff snag one of the Legend series 2 pedals. They combine the Legend series and the Drive series into one pedal. You can uses it over the clean channel of your amp or as a pre-amp.

I did not use the direct out, but I have heard it is pretty good
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by ishmonkey
Thanks for the feedback.. I wanna some negative thoughts on it to see the Cons (except for people complaining how Its not AS warm of a sound as tubes)

i haven't looked at the AMT stuff too hard, but i have seen similar attempts at simulating amp topologies using JFETs.

http://www.runoffgroove.com/articles.html

the common complaint is that it just isn't realistic and not convincing. while the topology is copied, it just doesn't sound like the original circuit like it is supposed to.

that being said i have yet to play any of these FET based pedals and i think it'd be worth a try.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae