Page 1 of 2
Listen to me.

Have you ever gone somewhere, and you see a family with a kid, and that kid is screaming and shouting and kicking because he or she wants a new toy? The family is at wits' end, the kid just won't let up, so eventually the kid wins and they buy him the new Pokeman?

Why not use that kid's energy for something useful, like, making shoes?

"Aw Pepper, yer talking shite again". Aye, but listen, this isn't as bad as it seems.

It'll teach these kids discipline AND give our country a boost. We need both of those to survive in the world's economy.

Not agreeing yet? OK, how about this...

Remember when you were a kid and had to learn shit in school that you never, ever came across again in real life? OK, Pythagoras was pretty bank, but algebra? Come on! Ain't nobody truly need that.

...would it not be more useful to teach these kids how to make shoes, and assembling electronics together, such as iPhones?

Come on! That's commodity production AND serious life skills.

Let's be honest here folks, China has got it right. In 100 years our children will all be speaking Chinese. Do you want that?

China has got this shit figured out. We need to beat them at their own game. Bring China to China before we become them.
Parents are shit, so parents should make their children work to be less shit?

It might at least boost the economy a bit though.
Last edited by whoomit at Sep 5, 2013,
Yes. If only because of the hilarity that will be the rednecks and "dem chillun r takin r jerbs!"
Quote by Wormholes
Yes. If only because of the hilarity that will be the rednecks and "dem chillun r takin r jerbs!"
what if they're polish children
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Weaponized
Aw Pepper, yer talking shite again

Aye, but think about it. The more you do, the more it makes sense.
Quote by raoooos
can't we just kill the children instead

That'd be a grave misuse of resources.

Yer not usin' yer heed.
LOL That's a terrible idea. First off they wont learn a valuable skill as you say because each child is not making a toy from beginning to end. They will be part of an Assembly line so they will do a tiny part to build the entire toy. I much rather learn math than know how to screw in one screw in one hole.

Also there is a big difference between discipline and child endangerment. Throwing a bunch of children in a dangerous factory to learn discipline is the worst idea i ever heard.

And finally China doesn't "has got it right" Please do some research before you say something like that. From polluting groundwater from rare earth metal refining to illegal property seize-sure. Do you really want to emulate a country that does that on a daily basis? I have a feeling your one of those people who were screaming about how China was going to take over America after they saw the Olympic games openings hahah...

so silly you silly billy
Quote by Banjocal
what if they're polish children

That's another good point.

Maybe Polish people will go back to Poland where they belong.

How can child labour NOT be a good idea?
Quote by DIFTWOOD
LOL That's a terrible idea. First off they wont learn a valuable skill as you say because each child is not making a toy from beginning to end. They will be part of an Assembly line so they will do a tiny part to build the entire toy. I much rather learn math than know how to screw in one screw in one hole.

YOU CAN LEARN MATH COUNTING THE SCREWS AS YOU SCREW THEM IN.

Also there is a big difference between discipline and child endangerment. Throwing a bunch of children in a dangerous factory to learn discipline is the worst idea i ever heard.

THAT'S WHY WE HIRE ADULTS TO SUPERVISE THEM. SEE THAT? JOB CREATION.

And finally China doesn't "has got it right" Please do some research before you say something like that. From polluting groundwater from rare earth metal refining to illegal property seize-sure. Do you really want to emulate a country that does that on a daily basis? I have a feeling your one of those people who were screaming about how China was going to take over America after they saw the Olympic games openings hahah...

HAVE YOU SEEN HOW QUICKLY CHINA'S ECONOMY HAS RISEN IN THE LAST TEN YEARS?

so silly you silly billy

My 2 cents.
Quote by DIFTWOOD

so silly you silly billy

what are you a libral or sumthin

i can't believe you're against teaching children to count, job creation, AND furthering the economy. i bet you voted for obama
Last edited by SLEESTAK_BRO at Sep 5, 2013,
Quote by Duffman123
Oh dear, it seems I've got lost in the Daily Mail comments section again.

Did you get lost, or did you stumble into an inconvenient truth?
Quote by Philip_pepper
That'd be a grave misuse of resources.

Yer not usin' yer heed.

Nonsense. Just put arsenic in every packet of quavers. Ensuring the children live is a too heavy a burden on society and is symptomatic of Broken Britain
Quote by Duffman123
Oh dear, it seems I've got lost in the Daily Mail comments section again.
Excuse me do not belittle the fine open-minded logical and well-thought views of readers of The Daily Mail. Are you an illegal immigrant or something?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
lol my bad i thought you were being serious so i made a serious response. I realize now i should have said something more internet appropriate. LULZ BOOBZ MILERy cyrus BRONIEs I SWEAR IM NOT A VIRGIN GUYS MY GIRLFRIEND IS IN A EXCHANGE PROGRAM IN EUROPE or whatever
I think we should teach all the children to fight in zero-gravity. Then we'll be prepared when the aliens come.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
Quote by raoooos
Nonsense. Just put arsenic in every packet of quavers. Ensuring the children live is a too heavy a burden on society and is symptomatic of Broken Britain

Mate, you got it all wrong.

Arsenic in elderly homes.

Come on. We all know old people are hogging their pensions. That money should be put into better use, like assembly lines.
Not all kids scream and shout for toys. Whatever good you imagine hard labour will do for the unruly ones will be viciously overshadowed by the harm it will do to the others. Kids should be allowed be kids, their hardship will come as they grow older so why force it upon them now?

Industry isn't exactly the biggest boomer right now, so flooding the market with kids who'll work for a pittance will just rise unemployment. "Sorry Timmy, we can't get your chipped tooth fixed as you took Daddy's job for 1/10th the wage."

The emotional damage alone should be enough for you to realise it's a horrible idea.
Quote by metal4eva_22

Quoted for truth.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
do you really want that kind of kid assembling your stuff? your ipod will be in pieces before it even gets shipped. best to leave it to chinese kids.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Philip_pepper
Listen to me.

China has got this shit figured out. We need to beat them at their own game. Bring China to China before we become them.

No way you are serious about this.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Mate, you got it all wrong.

Arsenic in elderly homes.

Come on. We all know old people are hogging their pensions. That money should be put into better use, like assembly lines.

60-80% of all healthcare is spent on dying old people.
Household chores man. You teach them that shit young, and you pay em for it. Bam kid has his/her own money, gets a job at 16.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Really good idea. In order to remove possible distractions for the children we should demolish all playgrounds and ban toys. In that way they can become 100% focused on becoming mindless proles, enriching our dear leaders.

By the way the stuff you propose is not some outlandish stuff. A 100 years back kids had to work like you recommend and as we all know stuff was way better back then. For instance there was no childhood obesity, kids had less useless stuff and they didn't spend all their time sitting at their little computers. We were also way ahead of the Chinese back then.

I love your plan. What can be wrong about it?
Quote by Nelshizzle
Household chores man. You teach them that shit young, and you pay em for it. Bam kid has his/her own money, gets a job at 16.

I don't really understand the notion of paying children for doing chores.
- They ate from some of the dishes that have been used and probably didn't cook the meals put on them.
- They probably contributed the most to messing up the house.
- They definitely messed up their room.

I can't think of any other common chores from the top of my head but still, why pay them for doing this stuff? I can't understand why you would since it's stuff they HAVE to do at some point anyway (unless they become hobos).
To me it seems like they will expect money as a reward for doing anything and everything rather than to just help out Mum and Dad by cleaning their own friggin mess up like a normal person...Especially since children finish school long before parents finish work, give them something to do with that spare time.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by Regicollis
Really good idea. In order to remove possible distractions for the children we should demolish all playgrounds and ban toys. In that way they can become 100% focused on becoming mindless proles, enriching our dear leaders.

By the way the stuff you propose is not some outlandish stuff. A 100 years back kids had to work like you recommend and as we all know stuff was way better back then. For instance there was no childhood obesity, kids had less useless stuff and they didn't spend all their time sitting at their little computers. We were also way ahead of the Chinese back then.

This is highly accurate. Possibly one of the best thread ever created in the entirety of all forums!

Make kids work. They will become skilled and can branch out to become good at a variety of assembly-line jobs. Cheap, abundant labour will mean we can reduce use of machines, thereby saving fossil fuels that we can instead use to power supercars for adults. They will become highly disciplined and learn to focus their minds. This will be ideal for when they need to solve other real-world problems.

Now, China has the right idea with their labour force being underpaid, undervalued and unable to speak up, but we could be better in terms of pollution... Imagine how we would take over the global stage...

Really clever kids could still go to school and learn how to improve efficiency and stuff like that. And it's true - it's predicted there will be twice as many kids as places for them in schools within a few years...

WE MUST ACT NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!

PS Typical of it to be a German to think how to ignore rights, safety & improve efficiency & the economy...
Quote by link no1
I don't really understand the notion of paying children for doing chores.
- They ate from some of the dishes that have been used and probably didn't cook the meals put on them.
- They probably contributed the most to messing up the house.
- They definitely messed up their room.

I can't think of any other common chores from the top of my head but still, why pay them for doing this stuff? I can't understand why you would since it's stuff they HAVE to do at some point anyway (unless they become hobos).
To me it seems like they will expect money as a reward for doing anything and everything rather than to just help out Mum and Dad by cleaning their own friggin mess up like a normal person...Especially since children finish school long before parents finish work, give them something to do with that spare time.
Teach them the value of money. It gives them a chance to save up for things on their own, without begging for it from their parents. It's not exactly like parents are giving their kids more than 5-10 a week for doing chores. Unless they're rich I suppose.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Good idea TS, my generation is the most superior due to having me in it so all the inferior generations can **** off and build me iphones and shoes basic labor lel wat a joke soon enough they'll have an associates degree for saying "would you like fries with that"
Quote by Philip_pepper
Remember when you were a kid and had to learn shit in school that you never, ever came across again in real life? OK, Pythagoras was pretty bank, but algebra? Come on! Ain't nobody truly need that.

In my day to day life I use algebra so much more than I use geometry.
Slave labor is where it's at man. Don't have to buy those fuckers shit man.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by zincabopataurio
Just send them to a third world country for a few months. Problem solved.

This is a good idea. Instead of sending kids to school trips, they go to Mexico trips. Or Vietnam trips. China trips. They can learn from other kids.

Quote by Regicollis

I've gone over my plan, like, over 100 times. It's foolproof. I imagine that 100 years after I die they will hold seminars on my theories at the highest universities.

Monuments will be built for me.

Statues.

Books will be documented of my life.
Last edited by Philip_pepper at Sep 6, 2013,
Quote by Philip_pepper

You're an idiot if you think algebra is never needed.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Page 1 of 2