indianriver
87 IQ
OK, patience with me everyone, I have decided to lay out some money for lessons as of Oct. 1 but until then want to practice on my own so I can wow the instructor with my superior abilities. Thus far I have memorized 8 simple chords. The F chord where you hold the B&E strings down with the same finger is giving me a fit but I have found that if I grip the neck with my thumb and the part of the palm below the thumb parallel with the neck I can get the F chord and it is much easier to hit the other chords, a much cleaner strum. Is this method of gripping considered a "bad habit" or is it acceptable if I am comfortable with it?
stepchildusmc
413 IQ
it's ok for now.. it's only been a few weeks since you've started and it will take some time before you build up the necessary hand strength to comfortably play chords like that.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
tuxs
25 IQ
Play a D chord, now slide it up 3 frets... Wow a F. Easy aye.
I can teach you heaps of bad habits just ask. Cheers
stepchildusmc
413 IQ
bad tuxs!! bad Tuxs!!!!!! it's much better to learn it right than it is to learn it easy. may a thousand kiwi fruits and 2 hobbits get shoved up you bu..... soundhole !!!
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
tuxs
25 IQ
I wish someone had taught me the cheats long ago, I might have been a Rock Star by now.

Hahahahahahaha. Cheers
indianriver
87 IQ
I'll be damned!!! Think I will hang with the Tuxs crowd for awaile but I will still try to learn it the proper way and only cheat when no one is looking!!!!