I bet you guys must be tired of these lol, but back to the point. I'm looking for a new amp and cannot seem to decide what to buy. There are a couple factors those being

The sound I would like to get a tone something like the strokes, arctic monkeys, and franz ferdinand, that kind of rock sound.

I also want to make sure i don't get an amp that will completely drown out all the other instruments in the band, i usually play at houseshows and medium-ish venues

I was thinking of getting a Fender Hotrod Deville but i heard those get really loud past the 2 on the volume knob, then theres Vox, aswell as the fender Hot Rod Deluxe. I even saw a cheap blues deluxe on craigslist that looked pretty nice but again i'm having trouble deciding what to buy. I would really appreciate some insight this will be my first "serious" amp so the more information i know the better.
The Blues Deluxe can pull out a decent Franz Ferdinand tone with its drive channel but can't go too much heavier. Although with the right OD or distortion pedal you can get many blues & rock tones out of it.
Just because an amp can get really loud, doesn't mean you have to turn it up to that. If it sounds good at band levels and that is 2 on the volume then I don't see any problem. Your power-tubes should last a lot longer that way

Vox AC15c1 or a fernder hrd would be fine for what you want to do.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Sep 6, 2013,
Quote by Robbgnarly
Just because an amp can get really loud, doesn't mean you have to turn it up to that. If it sounds good at band levels and that is 2 on the volume then I don't see any problem. Your power-tubes should last a lot longer that way

Vox AC15c1 or a fernder hrd would be fine for what you want to do.

This. Peavey Classic 30 will do nicely as well.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Yeah, Classic 30 is a good amp and it has 2 channels and is really cheap 2nd hand
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
AC15 are pretty loud amps and you should be fine in a band setting.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Hell ya! I like that in green. I have a friend that uses an AC15 just fine for gigs.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20