Just something me and my roommate were talking about. When you hear or use the word "trashy" to describe a person, what exactly is it about them that makes you call or consider them trashy.

Also, do you think that's a term that really shouldn't be used to describe someone, or do you think using it is acceptable?
You and your roommates sound like me and my roommates. Continuous, arbitrary discussion.

I'd consider a person "trashy" if they seem to have an overall demeanor of not caring about their appearance or how they are received.

Almost a synonym for "uncouth"
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
It's the kind of people you look at and go "what a fucking waste of oxygen..."

I think that about covers it for me.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Just acting like the cringe inducing, cheap and tacky person they are.

They've got to make you cringe or at least a little bit angry to be a true sleazebag.
Cheap and looks like they do not wash.

Ke$£ha is quite trash

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
i'm not really sure, it's just one of those words that makes more sense with context. 'unrefined' or 'uncivilized', maybe?

and why wouldn't it be acceptable to apply it to a person? what are words for?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Opposite of classy.

I would argue that Kesha is NOT trashy, she just adopts certain looks from trashy people.

It isn't always about not caring about appearance either.
cat
For me it's pretty hard to describe what a trashy person (usually woman, in my experience) would look like. There are so many ways to be trashy and there are some pretty thin lines.

One example would be that chick you see going into the methadone clinic with leopard print yoga pants with a clear camel-toe (or moose knuckle in some cases) and belly-shirt, greasy hair and nasty face/ entire demeanor.

And like what guitarxo said, it's not always looks. Sometimes when a girl is too flirty or blatantly sexual in a disgusting kind of way, it's trashy. Also sleeping around is trashy.
either someone that doesnt look they care about them selves, or someone that is unnecessarily vulgar.

idk its one of those words that i know what it is and what a trashy person looks like, but i cant quite articulate well
Walks around carrying full garbage bags like ALL the time.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
I think it's trashy when a certain someone goes to Geek Squad for computer help lolz

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by adamgur96
It's the kind of people you look at and go "what a fucking waste of oxygen..."

I think that about covers it for me.

This.

Quote by soundgarden1986
either someone that doesnt look they care about them selves, or someone that is unnecessarily vulgar.

And this. It's not about the kind of person not caring what others think. It's the kind of person that simply does not care and holds no decency. Like going to their home and literally there is trash everywhere.
We're all alright!
Nothing. I don't use words like trashy, scumbag, or slut.. except in this post i guess.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Oh yeah I think they have to not care about stuff and not care in a disgusting way. Like this girl I know, she sleeps around a lot (which I wouldn't call trashy on it's own) but she also never used condoms and she told me she doesn't care because life is all about taking risks or something idk. That is pretty trashy to me, even though she doesn't LOOK trashy (she dresses quite well actually)
cat
Yknow Faith from Buffy The Vampire Slayer? She instantly comes to mind when I hear the word 'trashy', so I guess that.
FearMyLightning
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by walkinbazooka
Nothing. I don't use words like trashy, scumbag, or slut.. except in this post i guess.

I also don't like blockhead or macaroni ears, either. Just absolutely no place in modern society at all.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
^The Kartrashians?
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by soundgarden1986

idk its one of those words that i know what it is and what a trashy person looks like, but i cant quite articulate well

yep
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Just seeing one of these in the front yard seems kinda trashy to me.

Quote by killjoy_bentley
you're so intelligent
Tattoos.

People with tattoos are trashy. Rich or poor.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by guitarist41
Tattoos.

And those kids with their loud rock and roll?

BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
And those kids with their loud rock and roll?

No. Just tattoos.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by AllJudasPriest
I possess no opinion on the character of another person.

Bullshit.
Quote by neidnarb11890
Loud people with poor hygiene, dirty/ripped clothes, and who have no respect for others.
Agree with Horsedick!
In Europe it's people who see welfare as a career path, wear sports clothes all the time even though it's obvious they have never exercised unless there was a cop behind them and who think they should name their progeny after the latest pop star.

Disagree about the dirty or ripped clothes, that's called a "filthy bastard", I've encountered many types of filthy bastards from the educated refined ones to the trashy types, usually human trash have an over inflated self esteem and would never be seen wearing anything with a rip or stain. Why would they? After all others are paying for their clothes.

Appropriate?? Abso****ingloutely, when they start doing something constructive with their lives and stop producing spawn that they are unable to educate and I'm unable to afford, I'll stop calling them trash.

Peace and love
For someone to be trashy, they must fit this criteria:
-due to either ignorance or low intelligence (possibly both) they say things that make you cringe
-believe that violence is a respectable answer to opinions they disagree with
-may do certain things when they feel disrespected I.E spitting on someone, starting a fight, etc.
-sexually active with other people who are "trashy"
-Considers their behavior acceptable (this is the biggest IMO).

If a person displaces any but not all of these characteristics then I'd consider said person a low life.
Those old women in grocery stores with a shit ton of make up and low cut t-shirts for teenagers. The ones that look like retired prostitutes. Rachet as hell.

But that's just physically. Im a dick if i judge like that. Personality is where true trashyness comes from.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

I think trashy people are people with little self-awareness

Quote by guitarist41
Tattoos.

Bigots are trashy too It's unbecoming to judge people so harshly for something so irrelevant to the quality of your interactions.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by FearMyLightning
White methed out 40 y/o dressed like a hooker.

Quote by kertets
Only losers post their opinions on the internet.
I'm not gonna partake in trash-shaming. It's the most overlooked form of social abuse.
PM me for newts