Hi all,

My question might seem ridiculously obvious to you experts but i would like to know
how to play a chord (Dm for instance) having the figure that shows where to put our fingers and what strings to strum but still doesn't show what is the root (what is the fret that is picked first ) of the chord.

Thank y'all.
Last edited by ss88ss at Sep 6, 2013,
Learn the notes of the fretboard and figure it out yourself.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
1.Now that i know how to play notes how can we figure out the tempo of each one having the tab of a song?
2. what's the difference in terms of sound of a single note played with different (string,fret) ? for example Gb is played either with 11th fret- 3rd string or 4th fret- 4th string, what's the difference?
Thank you.
they sound a bit different at different positions. normally on the lower-pitched/thicker strings they sound duller/warmer, on the higher/thinner strings they sound a bit brighter.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Then how to decide which of the combination to choose for the same note (for Gb for example) does it depend on the sound in the song that has to be played at that level?
And what about the tempo(when to emphasis and when to play it fast) of each note? how can we figure it out ?
Thanks
tempo (i assume you mean rhythm) you'd work out from the musical notation

honestly i just use a mixture of tab and music notation. I can't read music notation alone for guitar, frankly. and more often than not where you'd finger the note on the neck is due to ease of fingering, rather than tone. learn a bunch of tabs first and you'll soon start to realise where people would tend to finger certain licks etc. on the neck. Starting from scratch from music notation alone is liable to just totally frustrate you. It's all well and good saying, "you should just read it from music notation", but you kinda have to learn how to do that, first. And it's easier learning how to do that by just copying at the start (i.e. letting someone else do the hard work and working out the fingering for you).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?