Page 1 of 2
To me it's a toss up between Reel Big Fish and The Mars Volta opening for RHCP.

Reel Big Fish in Hamburg felt like they were trying too hard, and the crowd didn't follow. I'm not sure if it was the band's fault, or the crowd, but it felt off and awkward.

Also, TMV were playing everything jammed together without any breaks in their songs. At one point the singer got angry because nobody was paying attention, threw his lyrics at the crowd (yeah...) and flipped them off.

At your keyboards...
I saw Green Day in Sheffield a few years ago. They let far too many people into the standing area, and then the security were lapse as hell, and everyone from the seated area ended up in the standing area. There was a herd of ambulances outside from everyone fainted/getting crushed etc. Bit hellish. And nearly everything they played was from their most recent album, which wasn't really what most people (myself included) wanted to hear. But you can't win 'em all.

Quote by Duffman123
I feel sorry for Cool and the Gang having to open for Van Halen, poor guys

+1
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
Not a music gig, but I saw Dave Chappelle 2 weeks ago....and it was rather disappointing.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
GNR. They were 2 hours late and they were so ridiculously loud that i developed tinnitus in my right ear.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Duffman123
I feel sorry for Kool and the Gang having to open for Van Halen, poor guys

Hot damn.

Jimi Hendrix went on tour with The Monkee's and was an opening act for them. A lot of little girls, confused little girls.

Worst gig for me, well only been to two... But the second was just awful. My friend was opening for a William Control (lead vocalist of Aiden). My friends band are pretty good compared to most stuff out there and I just wanted to show support.

1. Barely anyone was there.
2. Fearless Vampire Killers were also a supporting act. God damn awful.
3. William Control was pretty boring, would have been nice to have heard a classic from Aiden but nooo.
Opeth.

Most boring band of all time.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Guns N'Roses followed by Metallica (the same night)

Went under the assumption that they had re-formed for a tour. They were late, spent 20 minutes saying "where the **** is Slash?" and another hour saying "why is that ****er from Simply Red singing for them?" and "Wow, that tool from Simply Red has lost his voice and gained 100kg". Only to be told by my more informed girlfriend that the "fat, ginger toneless prick" was Axl Rose and that he and Slash were still not on speaking terms.

Then Metallica came on stage, James Hetfield mistook the venue for an AA meeting and proceeded to whinge and piss on for an hour about the Metallica family and a higher power. Then that bloody drummer had a few words (felt like an hour). To top it all off I hoped that Kirk Hammett would have taken a few more lessons in the years since they were popular, but alas he was his usual self.

Lesson learned, if you want to see a great show which is about the music with a little banter and fun, go see Steve Vai or Rammstein.
Quote by Duffman123
I feel sorry for Kool and the Gang having to open for Van Halen, poor guys

+2

Asking Alexandria was pretty shite. The singer just kept going on about all the girls he's fucked and all the drugs he's done and hitting on all the 13 year old girls in the audience. It was bloody creepy.

Fear Factory* wasn't really bad overall, but the vocals were really really bad. Like drunken karaoke bad.

*supporting Meshuggah who were incredible
I played a gig once with Fearless Vampire Killers, seemed like nice guys, wasn't my kind of music but they played well.

Worst band I've seen was Walk Off the Earth with my girlfriend. They didn't play badly or anything, they just played a lot of original stuff and I didn't really know any of it, I've been lucky with gigs for the most part.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
Cage the Elephant was bad, which I didn't expect it to be. I was pretty bummed.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I saw The Enemy once when they opened for Stereophonics. Absolute awful all their songs sounded the same and the feedback off the guitar was horrendous I know it was only their first record but they came across as total amateurs without an ounce of personality between them.
I saw The Story So Far and everything was just sort of off.

The crowd was full of posers, and Parker Cannon got all moody that there was water on the stage and chucked a girls phone to the back of the stage.

Also **** hardcore dancers.
Quote by JustRooster
Cage the Elephant was bad, which I didn't expect it to be. I was pretty bummed.

Really? I saw them and found them awesome. The crowd, however, was full of ****in twatholes.
Quote by Sleaze Disease
Opeth.

Most boring band of all time.

wtf? I have to say that seeing Opeth was one of my most enjoyable experiences ever. I don't understand how you could call them boring... unless you were expecting angus young. Opeth isn't the kind of band that needs to headbang and run around the stage,
Quote by The4thHorsemen
I don't understand how you could call them boring...

I really, really do.
I got dragged to see Imagine Dragons 2 weeks ago, I had never heard of them before, it was an hour and 20 minutes of songs that all sound the same.
Every gig I've ever played at.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by Skinny91
I played a gig once with Fearless Vampire Killers, seemed like nice guys, wasn't my kind of music but they played well.

Worst band I've seen was Walk Off the Earth with my girlfriend. They didn't play badly or anything, they just played a lot of original stuff and I didn't really know any of it, I've been lucky with gigs for the most part.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I spoke to them after the gig and they seemed like really nice guys. Very down to earth. But yeah it was bad because it wasn't my sort of music and it was like playing to a room of 15 people at most. Just seemed awkward.
Quote by K'Nuckles
These guys opened for Meshuggah and Animals As Leaders, they really - really - REALLY sucked:

Funny, I saw them on that tour and they were arguably better than Meshuggah....I mean Meshuggah were awesome but their set dragged towards the end.
I saw Joan Jett and The Black Hearts open for Green Day a few years back. After an excellent opening slot from Frank Turner, part me died when 60 year old Jett appeared clad entirely in leather and started humping a stage monitor.
I watched asking alexandria's set at mayhem last year, and it ws pretty much yr standard fag-metal, and the dudes voice sucked
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Never really had a bad time at a show. Even if I didn't really dig the openers the anticipation for the headliner would sustain me. And the few times I didn't like any band playing I would have a good time moshing and stuff
Quote by captainsnazz
+2

Asking Alexandria was pretty shite. The singer just kept going on about all the girls he's fucked and all the drugs he's done and hitting on all the 13 year old girls in the audience. It was bloody creepy.

Asking alexandria was definitely the worst band I've ever seen, bar none. From first to last opened for them and completely owned the whole show, it was great.
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
Funny, I saw them on that tour and they were arguably better than Meshuggah....I mean Meshuggah were awesome but their set dragged towards the end.

You were probably at the same one as me, guessing by your location. I went to the O2 in Bristol. When they started playing Dancers after Future Breed Machine, I lost my shit all over the place. That was the one song I was REALLY hoping they'd play.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
wtf? I have to say that seeing Opeth was one of my most enjoyable experiences ever. I don't understand how you could call them boring... unless you were expecting angus young. Opeth isn't the kind of band that needs to headbang and run around the stage,

No, I wasn't expecting that, or anything, really, as I'd never heard them at that point.
I was, however, expecting to not be put to sleep at a metal concert.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by progdude93
Any hardcore show I made the mistake of being dragged along for.
but hardcore shows are hella fun

I saw Katie Melua and Boy live a while back. That was pretty awful. Otherwise, it's been all good shows!
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY
^did they do that song where the video is in a basement and about a hurricane or something?
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY
I took my sister to see Creed for her birthday. That was pretty bad.

But in terms of gigs I'd thought I'd enjoy, there was Dethklok and with All that Remains, Machine Head, and Black Dahlia Murder. BDM are shit so I missed them on purpose, but I thought Machine Head (who are ****ing awesome) would be the last support band. But they weren't. I got there in the middle of their set. I was pissed. Then, I thought Dethklok was gonna be next but NOPE. It was ATR. Their music sucks and they put on a lame show. Finally Dethklok shows up. They play and sound good, but they only played for an hour. I felt ripped off after that show was over. In addition, the crowd was mostly hardcore scene kids who just sorta shuffled around. No energy at all.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
I liked Reel Big Fish wnen I saw them
I don't think I've purposefully went to a gig that I didn't enjoy
Quote by ehbacon
I sat through Cool and the Gang as an opener to Van Halen when I was 11. That was pretty torturous

think you've got it the wrong way round, m8

Quote by Laobi
They were late, spent 20 minutes saying "where the **** is Slash?" and another hour saying "why is that ****er from Simply Red singing for them?" and "Wow, that tool from Simply Red has lost his voice and gained 100kg". Only to be told by my more informed girlfriend that the "fat, ginger toneless prick" was Axl Rose and that he and Slash were still not on speaking terms.

Mick Hucknell (from Simply Red) and Slash were performing as guests at a BB King gig I went to
it was good
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Sep 7, 2013,
I saw Grim Reaper a few months ago... they sounded good, but the image was horrendous, a bunch of fat old men on stage. And Steve Grimmet was reading the lyrics from a folder... he's been singing them for over a decade, he should have memorised them by now!

In terms of utter lack of musical ability, I saw Bring me the Horizon at Download a few years ago. I can't tell if the person that signed them is a genius or a moron.
I teach guitar, so if you're in Uxbridge, United Kingdom and fancy brushing up, get in contact! Uxbridge Guitar Lessons
Quote by K'Nuckles
You were probably at the same one as me, guessing by your location. I went to the O2 in Bristol. When they started playing Dancers after Future Breed Machine, I lost my shit all over the place. That was the one song I was REALLY hoping they'd play.

Actually no I wasn't at uni then so I went to rock city at Nottingham
I probably made it sound like I didn't enjoy Meshuggah when I saw them, when in fact every band that was on that night was amazing!
But Meshuggah's set did go on for quite a bit, like it reached it's peak then there was a bit of a dip, but then it ended okay so no problem there.

Also my contributions to this thread, I guess I've never been to a gig that's been entirely bad but I've seen some dissapointing bands in my time. Children of Bodom sucked every time I saw them.
Lamb of God's set at Bloodstock this year was a bit of a disaster.
Then I really wasn't a fan of King Diamond at Bloodstock, his vocals sounded just so cringey.

Guess I can't really comment that much on Bloodstock as I'm not really a metalhead anymore and although it's a festival with a real nice atmosphere...I can't stand most of the neckbeardery that goes on there.
Last edited by slayer_rule_\m/ at Sep 7, 2013,
Page 1 of 2