Okay, I'm pretty much an amatuer myself, but this is my opinion so take it with a grain of salt. This sounds like just an amplified acoustic guitar and a vocalist until the solo comes in, can't hear any bass and there is no percussion - it would really have helped fill it out. The levels are off - the vocals are WAY higher than the acoustic guitar. The reverb or delay on the vocals would have sounded better being global instead of just the vocals. The composition itself is okay. I'm just giving feedback on the actual recording instead of the performance itself.
Yeah we plugged my computer into the mixer for our PA. My guitar was on the same channel as my vocals and there wasn't much we could do about the levels between the two with the program that we had. The lack of bass was because we recorded it without bass and lack of percussion was because our drummer is out. Full band version is MUCH better but this was more to just get something out there. But you pointed out literally every one of my concerns and that's funny to me. Thanks for the feedback!!!
Quote by zburgess11
Yeah we plugged my computer into the mixer for our PA. My guitar was on the same channel as my vocals and there wasn't much we could do about the levels between the two with the program that we had. The lack of bass was because we recorded it without bass and lack of percussion was because our drummer is out. Full band version is MUCH better but this was more to just get something out there. But you pointed out literally every one of my concerns and that's funny to me. Thanks for the feedback!!!

No problem, if you get the time I have some covers on my profile I did a while back - any advice you could give in return would be appreciated. They are all actually kind of old right now, but hopefully some newer stuff will be up soon.