So, I saw a Jackson baritone ERG for trade on my local craigslist. With EMG hzs, I gave up my 2012 Epiphone les paul standard because I still have three other Epiphone les pauls. I was worried on quslity of the Jackson which also has an EMG afterburner preamp. I have to say that after playing it, the size and weight is very noticible, its 27" scale, and light as a feather. The model as stated in title is DK27, verified serial with Jackson. I can't upload pics from my phone idk why. But I've seen very little info on it, and little to no reviews, I personally am now in love with this guitar, and I guess that's all that matters. Any opinions on mods or changed to it? Or just info in general, this is my first post, so hopefully im within the guidelines.
If you like the guitar, why should you care what we suggest?

So many new guitarists on EG are so het up about what mods to do to their guitars, even though they say they already love the guitar as is. What's the point if you're already happy with it?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 7, 2013,
The only mod id want to do is a tremelo, also the guitars volume knob cuts out at around volume 3 to 8 like it crackles out and doesnt come back on at all till near max. Ive heard several theories that it could just need some kind of spray, but local shops dont know of or carry such a product. I was told it would be $80.00 to have a repair shop fix it, im pretty sure thats steep since i could just replace the whole pot for cheaper if i have to. Also in regards to the first reply, i never said i needed your thoughts, but i definitely dont need the trolling. I was just interested in hearing what others thought. Thanks for the help in the future.
Quote by pks330
The only mod id want to do is a tremelo,

If the guitar is a fixed bridge, putting a floyd rose in it requires a massive amount of work that needs to be done very precisely, or else you will destroy the guitar. It's also not very cost-effective. It's really not an avenue worth going down unless the guitar already has a floyd stock. If that's the case, it is worth going down if the floyd is not working properly. Otherwise it isn't worth fixing something that isn't broken.
Quote by pks330
also the guitars volume knob cuts out at around volume 3 to 8 like it crackles out and doesnt come back on at all till near max. Ive heard several theories that it could just need some kind of spray, but local shops dont know of or carry such a product. I was told it would be $80.00 to have a repair shop fix it, im pretty sure thats steep since i could just replace the whole pot for cheaper if i have to.

This is usually easy to fix. Sometimes you don't even need to clean the pot. Just move the pot back and forth constantly and the crackling sometimes goes away on it's own. If that doesn't work, spray some electronic contact cleaner between the shaft and the housing and move the pot back and forth may, many times. 95% of the time, that fixes it. Usually crackling happens from a lack of the pot's use, allowing dust and dirt to get into the inner workings.
Quote by pks330
Also in regards to the first reply, i never said i needed your thoughts, but i definitely dont need the trolling. I was just interested in hearing what others thought. Thanks for the help in the future.

Just because you don't agree with my opinion doesn't mean you can call me a troll. You asked for my honest opinion in the OP and I offered it to you. So you really aren't in a position to complain.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 7, 2013,
Quote by pks330
So, I saw a Jackson baritone ERG for trade on my local craigslist. With EMG hzs, I gave up my 2012 Epiphone les paul standard because I still have three other Epiphone les pauls. I was worried on quslity of the Jackson which also has an EMG afterburner preamp. I have to say that after playing it, the size and weight is very noticible, its 27" scale, and light as a feather. The model as stated in title is DK27, verified serial with Jackson. I can't upload pics from my phone idk why. But I've seen very little info on it, and little to no reviews, I personally am now in love with this guitar, and I guess that's all that matters. Any opinions on mods or changed to it? Or just info in general, this is my first post, so hopefully im within the guidelines.

Since this is your first post and all, welcome to UG.

If it were my guitar I'd swap out the pickups. EMG's for active, Seymour Duncan for passives. Don't worry about installing a trem, too much work and you run the risk of ruining the guitar.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Just because you don't agree with my opinion doesn't mean you can call me a troll. You asked for my honest opinion in the OP and I offered it to you. So you really aren't in a position to complain.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
If the guitar is a fixed bridge, putting a floyd rose in it requires a massive amount of work that needs to be done very precisely, or else you will destroy the guitar. It's also not very cost-effective. It's really not an avenue worth going down unless the guitar already has a floyd stock. If that's the case, it is worth going down if the floyd is not working properly. Otherwise it isn't worth fixing something that isn't broken.

This is usually easy to fix. Sometimes you don't even need to clean the pot. Just move the pot back and forth constantly and the crackling sometimes goes away on it's own. If that doesn't work, spray some electronic contact cleaner between the shaft and the housing and move the pot back and forth may, many times. 95% of the time, that fixes it. Usually crackling happens from a lack of the pot's use, allowing dust and dirt to get into the inner workings.

Thank you, that is very helpful, yea i figured it would be too much work for little gsin on the trem. @ post below, thanks ive browsed over the forums for over a year, and checked out many tabs. But finally decided to join.