Quote by SGRocker400

what on earth (pun very much intended) is Dylan playing here?

i've looked and looked, but every interview or gear discussion seems to focus on his telecasters...

the guitar can also be seen in the boating with clyde episode on vimeo

Looks like a left handed custom Telecaster.
Oh my god an Earth thread on UG Oh my god an Earth thread on UG Oh my god an Earth thread on UG

Your best bet is to email them, or contact him via his side project's Tumblr. It looks custom, and considering how particular about tone he is, it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

by the way i've tabbed seven angels check it out
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
its not exactly a tele though, you can see at some parts in the video it has 4 pickups, and the body shape is pretty different.

Banjocal- i will definitely check it out and try to contact him, i've been listening to earth like non-stop lately.

anybody else have any ideas?
Quote by SGRocker400
its not exactly a tele though, you can see at some parts in the video it has 4 pickups, and the body shape is pretty different.

Banjocal- i will definitely check it out and try to contact him, i've been listening to earth like non-stop lately.

anybody else have any ideas?

I should rephrase. To me it looks like the shape was based off of a Tele, but it's a custom guitar so the shape is contoured to your liking(I'm guessing he wanted the same wood mass as a Tele). Since it's custom you can design however many pickups you may want. He's plugged into the top of it near the knobs which are also on the top. Definitely a left handed guitar upside down.
Its an upside-down lefty that has been causing some confusion for some time...

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/archive/index.php/t-577197.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKp4wAcurjg

But it reminds me less of a Tele and more of something like a US Masters Sportser.
http://www.usmasters.com/Sportster.htm

If it isn't a custom built for him- possibly to cause confusion- I'd bet on it being a vintage Italian, Russian or Japanese guitar. IME, they tend to have more 4 singlecoil guitar designs than guitar makers in other countries.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 8, 2013,
Yeah, the more I look at its arched top and the carve on the upper horn, the more modern it seems. Still, it ain't a dePinto or any other 4 pup design I know on sight. Probably a really obscure maker, possibly something he found used in a small store...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
As I say, message him on drcarlsonalbion's Tumblr or find a contact either through a press agent or through a website.

He doesn't check the Tumblr often, mind you.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 8, 2013,