Hello,
I am thinking of replacing my Peavey Vypyr 15 with a nice tube amp to go with new guitar. I play mostly Green Day, Foo Fighters, Muse, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix ect. my budget is £350 and I plan on using pedals with it. thankyou!
Do you have a favourite amp model on your Vypyr? Getting the real version of that could possibly be a good idea?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I hate the modelling on the vypyr, the effects and distortion arent a patch on a pedal,I just run it through bipass on green channel with a boss Ds1
Orange Tiny Terror. About £350 new, got mine for £220 (iirc) used. No effects, three knobs and a wattage switch. I run mine crunchy, with a (modded) DS1 as a boost, and various other pedals for effects. It is somewhat tonally limited, but nails the classic rock tone and higher gain tones you'll want for green day and foo fighters tones.
Dude, where's my band?
Peavey Valveking the new model has some great features and will produce the sounds you want. a good basic amp that takes pedals well. not sure on the euro price so may exceed your budget by a bit.
Marshall DSL401 used would work well considering you'in the UK.
Quote by kangaxxter
Tone is in the fingers.

What you really need is a new amp.

(Anything I missed?)

Quote by Robbgnarly
I have been hearing about MG amps lately. I have heard good about them, but only a few times have they been talked about here.

Quote by MutantWombat
I hate the modelling on the vypyr, the effects and distortion arent a patch on a pedal,I just run it through bipass on green channel with a boss Ds1

Wait what?

Have you ever played a Vypyr 60?

But yeah, not much is going to sound good through that little 8 inch speaker.

Granted Vypyrs are not perfect for Hendrix and Foo.

DSL is a good idea. Or maybe a Jet City.
+1 on jet city

or maybe something lower gain if you're ok with pedals.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've used Kustom Defender 5H for a while and it was pretty decent. I'm sure it's way cheaper than £350 but you also need a distortion pedal because it doesn't have anything but a volume knob. It also has a combo or 15 W. Maybe those have distortions and you may want to check those.
Last edited by odensson95 at Sep 7, 2013,
Hi is there any combos you can recommend, I looked into the Tiny Terror, I can afford the head but cannot afford a cab to go with it.
£350 might be a little ambitious for a tube combo, maybe the Vox AC30 Valve reactor, good sound but is 98% Solid state (one 12AX7 in the power section) or the Jet City JCA2112RC Combo
>Gibson & Schecter Guitars
>Orange Amps
>And some neighbours to piss off