I've been playing the electric guitar for about a year now, but I still have no idea what's considered a 'good tone'.

I've been practicing a pretty cool, slow song lately, but I'm afraid people will find the delay too much (for me it's perfect as it is right now, but I wanna hear opinions from experienced guys).

Soundcloud is right below (I didn't upload the whole thing, only 40 seconds). While you're at it I'd appreciate if you took the time and wrote some words about my playing as well. Technique, bends, etc. I always like to hear opinions from advanced guitarists (let it be good or bad) because it always gives me a good idea of what I should improve on in the future. Thanks.

soundcloud.com/robbpt/delaycheck
Though not being able to judje your technique for not beaing a real good guitarist myself, I can fairly say a good tone is a sound that you like.

It's veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery subjective.

Some like their cleans fairly warm and calm.
Some like their cleans so trebly it hurts the ear.
Some like their distorted sound with scooped mids.
Some like their distorted sound tight and mid-y.

Use as much delay as you think it sounds good (to me it doesn't sound bad, though I'd make the rhythm guitars a lot tighter, and the solo one just a bit tighter).
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Good tone is subjective Personally I'd make the lead track less warm, it sounds too different from the leads leading up to it and the change of tone distracts from the solo.
The delay on that track is just about where I'd put it too. When soloing over chugs or other simple rhythms I find you can get away with more delay to fill up the sound, less notes clashing and all that.

Your technique is very good for only a year of playing. Good note selection, kept it simple without getting boring. If you hadn't said you'd only been playing a year I'd have assumed you were more experienced.
Quote by synestershadows
Shai Hulud mother****er.
It's subjective, as said before. I could add even more delay to the track But it sounds cool right now, no complaints.