Hey guys, I've got a Marshall VS265 and I'm thinking of customising it, just aesthetically though, I don't want to mess about with the speakers and electrics.

First thing I'm thinking of doing is painting the outside surrounding bit of it, sorry I don't know the correct term. But the bit that's usually black on Marshall amps.

Anyway, anyone tried painting that part before? What's the best paint to use? Or should I avoid painting it all together and look at a more professional way to recolour it? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated also.

Cheers.
Retolex it. I bought a marshall head that someone had spray painted camo green, ugly as hell, and it's starting to fade back to black anyway. I'm redoing it at some point, but aesthetics don't bother me all too much.

If you're going to do it, do it right.
Yes retolex it.

If you really want to paint the head here's how to do it and be able to reverse it after if you don't like the look.

Tolex the amp with vinyl or cheap tolex and paint on that, if you don't like the look of it, take it off and you're back to normal.
???