so i've listened to a few songs and couldn't spot any solos. i mean the melodies and songs are great but why are there no solos?
solos are for chumps
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
The simple answer is because black metal never has solos. I haven't heard a single black metal solo before in my life.
What if he can't play?
Plus, are solos even necessary?

Quote by AnnihiSlateR
Because the music doesn't need it.

And this.
Last edited by odensson95 at Sep 10, 2013,
no solos aren't necessary. but they add tension. and i don't think he can't play lol...
Add tension? In what way do you mean?

I think the idea of a guitar solo in music comes from a middle eight, where performers would traditionally show of their proficiency with an instrument. To me it's a very blues/rock and roll sort of tradition. Wheras the music of Falkenbach comes from a more European folk perspective, as well as black metal. Neither of which are known for the tradition of having solo's in songs. Sure there are folk pieces which show off technical ability, but they aren't usually integrated into the song in a traditional rock song way.
Quote by severed-metal
The simple answer is because black metal never has solos. I haven't heard a single black metal solo before in my life.

you don't listen to a lot of black metal then my boy
sunbather is shit
Quote by beefcake
you don't listen to a lot of black metal then my boy

I think Kathaaria have some solos.

Give some examples?
Quote by Morphogenesis26
I think Kathaaria have some solos.

Give some examples?

Immortal - Call of the Wintermoon, All Shall Fall
Bathory - Chariots of Fire
Ulver - Troldskog Faren Vild

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, then there's plenty of newer bands that probably aren't trve enough to count.
sunbather is shit