Hi guys. I'm having a bit of bother with one of my guitar pedals. It's a fulltone OCD clone, i'm not actually sure what clone though, it was given to me by a friend, and it's pretty much just a silver box with sharpie "D", "T" "V" and a vague attempt at "OCD" drawn on. It sounds bloody excellent though.

The problem is, very occasionally when i turn the pedal on, i get no sound, the light's engaged but there's nothing. This happened at a gig last night, and i play in a two-piece band, so it wasn't the best experience. However, i turned it off/on again in a fit of panic and there you go, we have life, mistake hopefully unnoticed.

The pedal was being turned on/off the whole night though and i had absolutely no problems. Obviously this is a worry, as most of my playing/sound is dynamics based, quiet/loud parts and i'm incredibly dependent on this pedal.

I run about 8 pedals through a 9 slot daisy chain 9v adapter, i'm thinking that it's probably this? but i've never had any problems before with it, and surely if the lights on, it's receiving power?

Ususally i'd deem the pedal faulty and scavenge for a new one, but this one's a bit special and i think i'd have trouble finding another.

I'm just wondering if this is perhaps a common problem with some guitar pedals? Or if anyone can give me a hand at all. I've got a few more gigs in about a week so i really need to get this problem sorted as soon as possible. So any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading.
Yeah i'll have a look, wouldn't hurt to tighten everything up aswell. My interior knowledge of pedals is severely lacking so i'll not be performing any miracles though.
Most likely the switch going bad. If you can get it to do it again press the switch down very gradually, and if the sound starts to stutter in before it clicks then it's definitely it. They fail very often.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Most likely the switch going bad. If you can get it to do it again press the switch down very gradually, and if the sound starts to stutter in before it clicks then it's definitely it. They fail very often.

ah, how would i go about fixing that if it is the case?
Just buy a new switch, they're really cheap and not worth trying to fix at all. If you can solder, just transplant the wiring to the new switch.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.