Hello, I am looking to upgrade my Ibanez RG821 for this Jackson which fell in love with.
Specs look pretty good but I want to ask few questions.

1) It has 22 frets, would that be a problem for me that I do a lot of bends from 22 to 24? Never owned a 22 fret guitar, would the tone get cut out when bending there?

3) Are they made in US?

3) Can I have some opinions from owners of this or the Floyd Rose model(RRMG)?
How's the FRT-O2000 tremolo? Have only used Floyd Rose 1000 in the past.

Ibanez RG821 + Ibanez TS9
Peavey Vypyr 30 + Sanpera

My song covers on YouTube
Last edited by zefs at Sep 7, 2013,
There's no tone loss, but I tend to always want a 24th fret...though, when I have 24, I want 27, so meh. Grass is always greener.

I have to say, that thing is grossly overpriced for what you're getting, though, Jackson has always been like that (imo). You're just paying for the looks...though it is damn sexy, if I must say so. I'd just upgrade the electronics in your Ibanez, throw in EMGs and they'll sound exactly the same.
Quote by Velcro Man

I have to say, that thing is grossly overpriced for what you're getting, though, Jackson has always been like that (imo). You're just paying for the looks...though it is damn sexy, if I must say so. I'd just upgrade the electronics in your Ibanez, throw in EMGs and they'll sound exactly the same.

I grossly disagree. Back when Jackson made MIJ guitars, their greatest selling point is just how much guitar you got for so little money. It's just a shame the factory was destroyed due to the Japanese floods.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 7, 2013,
Actually I thought the price was the strong point of these models, similarly specced guitars are 200€ more.

Any idea where these are made?

Quote by zefs
Actually I thought the price was the strong point of these models, similarly specced guitars are 200€ more.

Some of them I do know are made in Mexico, the same place the MiM Fenders are made. And to be honest, I don't see that as too off-putting.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I grossly disagree. Back when Jackson made MIJ guitars, their greatest selling point is just how much guitar you got for so little money. It's just a shame the factory was destroyed due to the Japanese floods.

I don't really remember them pre-Fender, so maybe they used to be.

Quote by zefs

You can get the same specs with Schecter for about $200-300 cheaper. The Damien Elites are bolt-on, but like $500 for locking grovers and the same EMGs. I prefer bolt-on necks, anyway. Hellraisers and Blackjacks are what, $700 new? Those have ALL the same appointments.

Schecter also has reeeally good QC, I've heard mixed reviews on Jackson QC
Hellraisers and Blackjacks are more expensive(100-200 difference), atleast on thomann where it ships to my country and has all these models we are talking about available.

But I don't like Schecter's anyway :p

Quote by Velcro Man

You can get the same specs with Schecter for about $200-300 cheaper. The Damien Elites are bolt-on, but like $500 for locking grovers and the same EMGs. I prefer bolt-on necks, anyway. Hellraisers and Blackjacks are what, $700 new? Those have ALL the same appointments.

Schecter also has reeeally good QC, I've heard mixed reviews on Jackson QC

Schecters are sooooooooo overpriced in the UK.

And i have seen reports of Schecters having poor fret leveling too.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Schecters are sooooooooo overpriced in the UK.

And i have seen reports of Schecters having poor fret leveling too.

Ah, I have no clue regarding UK prices, but I'd blame shipping costs, I assume Fender can probably afford shipping a lot easier.
They can because they ship more guitars overall. THey're shipping Fenders of all kinda, Squiers, Jacksons, EVH's and Charvels, along with all of the amps they make too. Makes sense that they can ship for less money because they're shipping larger quantities and wider varieties of products as a corporation.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 7, 2013,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
They can because they ship more guitars overall. THey're shipping Fenders of all kinda, Squiers, Jacksons, EVH's and Charvels, along with all of the amps they make too. Makes sense that they can ship for less money because they're shipping larger quantities and wider varieties of products as a corporation.

I knew of those companies, but looking into it, Fender ****ing owners Hamer, Gretsch, Guild, Ovation, Takamine and countless other brands...I did not know they owned so much, jesus christ.

Hell, I thought Gibson owned Gretsch and Guild.

anyway, here in the states, Schecter is the cheapest option for a professional level guitar. You can get a Hellraiser for $350 used (low price, some people ask like $500)
They're probably not made in the US. I never liked the new Jacksons so i don't really recommend them and I think they're absolutely overpriced.
Last edited by odensson95 at Sep 7, 2013,
^ that might be it. Either way, not as good as MIJ (probably) and probably not even as good as MIM.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

+1

I got my dkmgt for like just over £300, and that was new (admittedly it was a guitar shop sale, but still).

I think the bolt-on higher-end non-USA jacksons are MIM, but far as i'm aware, the neck-thrus aren't. India? I think. Not certain. EDIT: yeah maybe indonesia.

I'd try to get an older japanese one. where are you in europe (country, not address)? there are still some MIJ jacksons available if you know where to look. Admittedly they're in online stores, so how good nick they're in, I dunno.

Quote by zefs

3) Can I have some opinions from owners of this or the Floyd Rose model(RRMG)?
How's the FRT-O2000 tremolo? Have only used Floyd Rose 1000 in the past.

same thing except the colour. 1000 is chrome, 2000 is black, 3000 is gold. Far as i'm aware.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I am from Greece. I used to have a second hand DXMG, 2 years ago. It was my second guitar(first one was a cheap Washburn). I really liked it's neck and fretboard. Probably my favorite neck out of all the guitars I have owned.

Let me know where to look for the MIJ ones Dave.
Other than that I may just through EMG's in the Ibanez like Velcro Man suggested.

Last edited by zefs at Sep 8, 2013,
Jackson's are beasts of a guitar in general imo. I was lucky enough to find my MIJ DK2 last January and it is worth every penny I spent. I played a few Jackson's made in Indonesia and they were pretty good but I agree with the general opinion that the MIJ guitars are better.

On the other hand thogh there is nothing wrong with a good Ibanez ethier, I would probably just uprgrade the pickups but i'm not really a rich guy. and 22 frets would bug me but i'm just kinda weird like that.
Jackson DK2
1962 Fender Esquire
PEAVEY JSX 212
PEAVEY 6505+ 112
By way of comparison, Fernandes offers 2 different V style guitars, the V-Hawk and Vortex. I believe the models available at a comperable price are MiK. Both also come in MiJ forms, but I think they are over $1000.

Samples with prices:
http://www.beyondeleven.com/Fernandes-VHD-BLK-p/Fernandes-VHD-BLK.htm
http://www.beyondeleven.com/Fernandes-VORD08-DRS-p/fernandes-vord08-drs.htm

Entire list of trim levels:
http://www.fernandesguitars.com/products/guitars/v-hawk.html
http://www.fernandesguitars.com/products/guitars/vortex.html
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 8, 2013,
Thanks for your opinions. I think I might just upgrade the pickups to EMG's in my ibanez after all. Are there any guides to do it properly?

Quote by zefs
I am from Greece. I used to have a second hand DXMG, 2 years ago. It was my second guitar(first one was a cheap Washburn). I really liked it's neck and fretboard. Probably my favorite neck out of all the guitars I have owned.

Let me know where to look for the MIJ ones Dave.
Other than that I may just through EMG's in the Ibanez like Velcro Man suggested.

ah right if you used to have an older MIJ Jackson then you'll know they were good

I'm not too sure about greece, though. I know there are a few shops in the UK which still have MIJ models (GAK, Absolute Guitars, probably more than that, that's just off the top of my head), but postage from the UK to other countries is normally ridiculously expensive. Thomann used to still have some MIJs, but last time I checked they seemed to be out of stock You could maybe try some of the other big european stores like woodbrass and the other big german ones (music store, though personally i don't recommend dealing with them, music schmidt etc.) as they often have free international postage if you spend over a certain amount.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 8, 2013,
Take a look at the RR24XT

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/jackson-rr24xt-rhoads-x-series-electric-guitar

Series: X Series
Body Shape: Rhoads
Body Wood: Basswood
Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
Headstock: Jackson® Pointed 6 In-Line
Neck: Maple, Through-Body Maple Speed Neck with Tilt-Back Scarf
Joint Headstock
Neck Binding: 1-Ply White
Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12” to 16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4
mm)
Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
Frets: 24, Jumbo
Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
Bridge: TonePros® Fully Adjustable Bridge with Through-Body Strings
Pickups: Duncan Designed™ HB-102B Humbucking Bridge Pickup
Duncan Designed™ HB-102N Humbucking Neck Pickup
Pickup Configuration: H/H
Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge
and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
Strings: NPS, Gauges: .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042
Unique Features: Through-Body neck construction, TonePros® Bridge, Duncan
Series: X Series
Body Shape: Rhoads
Body Wood: Basswood
Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
Headstock: Jackson® Pointed 6 In-Line
Neck: Maple, Through-Body Maple Speed Neck with Tilt-Back Scarf
Joint Headstock
Neck Binding: 1-Ply White
Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12” to 16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4
mm)
Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
Frets: 24, Jumbo
Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
Bridge: TonePros® Fully Adjustable Bridge with Through-Body Strings
Pickups: Duncan Designed™ HB-102B Humbucking Bridge Pickup
Duncan Designed™ HB-102N Humbucking Neck Pickup
Pickup Configuration: H/H
Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge
and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
Strings: NPS, Gauges: .009, .011, .016, .024, .032, .042
Unique Features: Through-Body neck construction, TonePros® Bridge, Duncan
I own a SLXQ they are made in India

Burnt Cherry finish
Great guitar for the price
Right out of the box nice action, I had to do a little fret work to get the action a bit lower to the way I like it, just had to level two frets that were buzzing, haven't done anything elese to it, great low end crunch with nice rich highs, great sustain on the neck through design, I have played and preformed work on high end Jackson to the low end series and I really enjoy the X series for the price