I wrote this guide in order to help out this guy, but I thought maybe it was good enough advice that it deserved its own thread.

There is lots of redundancy on a guitar, i.e. you can play the same notes in lots of different places. You can eliminate this redundancy and thus improve your guitar's range by using this simply neat trick I invented-

How to get the maximum range out of your guitar:
Four simple steps to success!!!!!

1. Tune low E string to lowest desired note
2. Finger low E string on the highest possible fret
3. Tune next string one semitone higher
4. Repeat until you run out of strings

Using this technique, you should be able to improve the range of a standard 6-string 22-fret guitar to eleven octaves.

You're fucking welcome.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
What about the whammy bar? I can whammy like... more notes up and down.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
What about the whammy bar? I can whammy like... more notes up and down.

You should know by now that you don't need a whammy bar. It is perfectly possible to whammy without one.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
This really works! I tried it and I can play everything now! Thank you so much McTodd! I'm going to nominate you for the Nobel Peace Prize for this!
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Quote by yoman297
or you could just play a piano

Even the piano can't touch 11 octaves.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by McTodd
You should know by now that you don't need a whammy bar. It is perfectly possible to whammy without one.

And you should know by now that if you whammy with a whammy bar while you whammy without a whammy bar you get a double whammy effect.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
You know what your post gave me, TS? Lots of broken strings. Thanks, prick!
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by aerosmithfan95
You know what your post gave me, TS? Lots of broken strings. Thanks, prick!

It's obviously your fault. You set both your hopes and the low string too high.
Quote by Jako215
This thread reeks of 2008 and I love it.

I was actually thinking "Man, this is totally a throwback thread" when I scrolled to see this. Totally accurate.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by SlackerBabbath
If I wanted to improve my guitar's range, I'd just buy a longer lead.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
THe easiest way is to take 4 running steps while swinging it so that it actually connects with the drummer/singer/keyboard player who has earned your wrath. Notice I didn't mention bass player, they're ususally cool, agreeable chaps who never piss anyone off.

Peace and love
Notice I didn't mention bass player, they're ususally cool, agreeable chaps who never piss anyone off.

Peace and love

Thou doth protest too much.

This trick works so well, now all of my solos have the maximum expressive and emotional impact and I have less need to string hop. I'm even anchoring less because of it!
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
All you need is gauge 46 - 0.00000000000000000002 strings.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by guitarist41
All you need is gauge 46 - 0.00000000000000000002 strings.

You clearly didn't read the directions.
Quote by angusfan16
But McTodd!? How do i get that perfect pitch?

With perfect aim?