#1
I put some custom dimarzio pickups in my guitar a few years back and the pickup selector just started cutting out on the bridge pickup. If I jiggle it around it starts to work again for a little bit. What could the problem be? Do I need to resolder some wires?
#2
Check the solder joints, make sure the wires are intact and solidly attatched, and make sure the switch is solid and not too oxidized.

Note that switch contacts are usually made of a special alloy that is almost as conductive when oxidized as it is when clean, so don't clean it with abrasives or harsh solvents.
#3
Quote by Invader Jim
Check the solder joints, make sure the wires are intact and solidly attatched, and make sure the switch is solid and not too oxidized.

Note that switch contacts are usually made of a special alloy that is almost as conductive when oxidized as it is when clean, so don't clean it with abrasives or harsh solvents.


I usually clean the whole body, pickup selector included, with dunlop guitar polish. Should I stop doing that?

I just checked the wiring and it looks solid, to my novice eyes. Everything is where it should be.
#4
Reflow the solder joints anyway. Also, never clean electrical contacts with polish... use electrical contact cleaner like deoxit. Spray deoxit on a q-tip, never directly on the parts to be cleaned.