EMG's and blues. Who does it? I'm sure some of you out there do. I personally have found I kind of like my EMG 85 for some of it. So. Who all out there does it?

(Preferences of course.)
Personally, I hate EMGs for anything but metal, but I HATE compression, if it weren't for that, I'd love them, but blues/rock + compression don't mix for me
EMG's are a bit on the over compressed side for me. When i play the blues, I tend to lean more toward P-90's.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

David Gilmour uses them. And he has an awesome sound for blues. Mark Knopfler's Pensa-suhr has them I believe.
Weren't EMGs designed for jazz so the guitarist could be heard over the horns or something like that? I heard that story from somewhere and I can't remember where.
Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs

ALL HAIL CELESTIA
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
David Gilmour uses them. And he has an awesome sound for blues. Mark Knopfler's Pensa-suhr has them I believe.

Pretty sure the only reason he used them was to maintain signal integrity through an ever-increasing effects chain. And I'm equally sure he stopped using them because he didn't like the sound!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Pretty sure the only reason he used them was to maintain signal integrity through an ever-increasing effects chain. And I'm equally sure he stopped using them because he didn't like the sound!

Huh, I stand corrected.
Quote by steven seagull

He also found the EMGs to be a fairly versatile pickup, you could see him playing his candy apple red strat the majority of the time from 1985 - 2006 as far as I know the last album it was used on was 'On an Island' and has since been back seated as the favorite guitar with his Black Strat taking up its rightful spot as favorite. I think mostly the red strat only comes out for live performances of Shine On You Crazy Diamond as you need that SPC control thingie to get the sweet tone.
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5