ive recently changed a couple parts on my bass, inc the bridge, theres now no sound at all through the amp, tried different lead and a different bass, all fine, when theres a lead plugged into the bass, the pups have power and become magnetic, but no sound at all. the volume pot is turned right up up, but nothing, the earth is fine from what i can tell and ive even tried the old bridge, anyone got any ideas?
The pickups should be magnetic all of the time. They're not electromagnets. It's probably a problem with the wiring somewhere, you should post a picture of the wiring so we can perhaps see what the problem is.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
i dont know how to post a pick, but all the wiring is intact and hasnt even been touched.
Well presumably something must have happened to the wiring in order for the bass to stop making any sound. It doesn't just stop by magic.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
did you ground the bridge?

What exactly did you have to remove when you did this?

It does sound like a bad connection to me, but without seeing it there is no way to be certain
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
all that was done, was unscrew one bridge, and screw the other back on, its a tele bass so only tone and volume pot, i didnt touch the wiring, i have 2 of these and the wiring is identical, im sat with both of them apart right now, all wiring identical, as far as grounding the bridge goe, the wire coming from the volume pot goes through the body and out under bridge as normal, and the bare wire is touching the bare metal of the bridge, i have a pick i just dunno how to post it
Quote by harryscarr
i have a photo, can anyone help?

Assuming you have a social media profile like facebook, you can just upload it onto there, then copy the link onto here.
EH

Quote by harryscarr
i have a photo, can anyone help?

You should be able to post pics to your UG profile.