#1
well the title says it all !

i bought a new LTD EC-1000 its sounds amazing , but while i was playing i accidentally touched the screws of the pickup , it shocked me badly .
it happened alot later on and it is very irritating !!!

i have a jackson DK2M but i never noticed such thing from the pickups !!

is it the wiring of the pickups or smthing !? the pickups are active EMGs

thanks in advance
Gear:
-Jackson DK2M [Black]
-Vox Tonelab ST
-Randall RX-15M

~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Channel

Cheers \m/ \m/
#2
If you had seen what a bad electrocution from a faulty guitar you'd take it right to a local repair shop.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
#3
Make sure the bridge and strings are not grounded. You aren't supposed to ground them with EMGs for that specific reason.
#4
i get a very light shock on my elbow sometimes when i touch the bridge. i too have emgs but i dont know if they are active. i dont even know what that means.
#5
Quote by a5t0n3d1
i get a very light shock on my elbow sometimes when i touch the bridge. i too have emgs but i dont know if they are active. i dont even know what that means.


Active pickups have a built in preamp an require a battery. If you have a battery, you have active pickups.
#7
Sounds like electrostatic discharge from you onto the pickup mounting screw. If it's the mounting screw, this has nothing to do with the pickups.

Edit: I'm assuming that you have plastic-covered EMGs with hidden pole pieces.
#8
Sometimes the problem is in the amp or the house wiring. Try different guitars with that amp, that guitar with different amps, and try plugging into outlets that are on different branch circuits in your house.
#9
well i tried the same exact settings on a jackson but nothing happened !!
i think am gonna go to a local repair shop -.-"
Gear:
-Jackson DK2M [Black]
-Vox Tonelab ST
-Randall RX-15M

~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Channel

Cheers \m/ \m/
#10
I was playing through a solid state amp one time that did this...the amp had a three prong plug, but I used one of those converters that converts it to a two prong. Apparently that third prong (the ground) was a necessity because I got fried.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!


Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
#11
^Did you screw the tab onto the center screw of the outlet like you were supposed to?

Either way, something was seriously wrong with that amp if the chassis was live.
#12
Quote by Invader Jim
^Did you screw the tab onto the center screw of the outlet like you were supposed to?

Either way, something was seriously wrong with that amp if the chassis was live.


Of course not, it was plugged into an extension cord.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!


Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial