Hi everyone,

I'll be replacing pickups in my Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB soon and I remember having seen a video guide showing how to replace pickups without taking off the strings. Instead the tremolo unit was taken off, with the strings still attached to it. Sorry for bothering everyone with this, but I really could neither find the video itself nor any other guide.

I'd appreciate any help!
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
That's what I have done with a floyd rose. Just take off the springs and it pops off. Perfectly in tune when you put it back. No magic to it. Even though there is a lock nut I put a capo a few frets up just to keep the strings under control.
Great, that's just what I was looking for. Thanks to both of you!
Ibanez S570DXQM-BBB
DiMarzio Evolution HSH
Ibanez RG927WBBZ-TGF
DiMarzio Evolution 7 & DiMarzio LiquiFire 7
Peavey Valve King 112, Peavey Vypyr 15
Harley Benton NG-100, Ibanez Weeping Demon

Quote by metalmingee
In fact, wanting different tunings is one of the best reasons to convince others that you need more guitars.
Thats what I'd do with a floyd, Just push down the bar all the way so the strings were slack and pull the pickup out. Just be careful with the pickup mounting screws as they are longer sometimes and can scratch your paint.
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
You could probably just loosen the strings, use two clamps or plastic ties to pull the loosened strings to either side and remove and install the pickups that way. I've seen repair techs do this.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley