So last night I started playing gigs again and the first one was in a pub... I'm 20 so the band had me go through the side door with my equipment so no one would ask any questions.

Between sets I'd sit at the bar with the band and I order water while they order fireballs (Got nothing against drinking, I just know how I sound playing in my room after a couple beverages) and at the bar the attractive bartender and I were making eyes

Now, being 20 and not so experienced in bar culture, what would you do? I know she's got a job to do and has to stay past closing to clean the place but it seemed like she was interested in me... Or that I was a guitar player... Or something... And I was trying to get packed and out of there quick before someone really gets a good normal look at me so I couldn't really hang around

So, bar attending UG-ers, how do you get the bartender when she's working and not creepily waiting for her in the parking lot like so many horny drunks probably have before
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
She wasn't making eyes, you were staring at her and so she was looking at you expecting you to order a drink.

And nobody thinks you're special because you play guitar.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Whip it out and let her know what's up. Girls love a guy with confidence.

She also probably thought you were a pussy with your ladyboy water.
Last edited by vayne92 at Sep 8, 2013,
Bartenders only pretend to like you so they can get more of your money foo
Sail upon the open skies
The only thing about you that she was interested was a possible tip.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
You were being really mysterious and was turning her on. If only you had brought your fedora, she would have donated her moist panties to you.
Quote by angusfan16
Bartenders only pretend to like you so they can get more of your money foo

Nailed it.
Quote by Nero Galon
LOL@Merica's 21 drinking age.
this

and never never never wait outside unless they invite you to. That's getting towards sniffing car seats territory.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by WantsLesPaul
You were being really mysterious and was turning her on. If only you had brought your fedora, she would have donated her moist panties to you.

Hahahaah ****ing sig'd
Quote by vayne92
Whip it out and let her know what's up. Girls love a guy with confidence.

She also probably thought you were a pussy with your ladyboy water.

+1

but really, If a bartender wants to talk to you, they'll talk to you.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
There's too many males these days that automatically assume a women want their dick when making eye contact. She looked at you, what of it? Nothing. She was probably trying to get you to actually get something. Ya know, cause she tends bars. Looking at people and getting them alcohol, kind of in her job description.
Quote by WantsLesPaul

Lost my shit.
I Have An Avant Garde Fetish....
Quote by Gantz92
Im in no way an amateur. I masturbate in public all the time.
Quote by Nelsean
I can get an erection just by looking at a plastic cup, or a river.
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Don't worry, rape will always find a back way in
Order a tap water, down it in one, kneel on the bar and put your dick in the glass.
signature
Picking up an attractive bartender is near to impossible. Way to used to guys oggling them constantly and mistaking good service for legit flirting.

That said, saying "hello" couldn't hurt.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
Picking up an attractive bartender is near to impossible. Way to used to guys oggling them constantly and mistaking good service for legit flirting.

That said, saying "hello" couldn't hurt.

Hello m'lady, I bought you le beautiful rose for le beautiful lady. *tips fedora*
I don't think we've ever had a barmaid where I work who was single. They are never making eyes at you, they're just being nice because they're paid to be nice.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
1 - being nice and friendly is part of their job. It's possible she was just being polite.
2 - if it seemed anything more than friendly, it may also have been to get you to buy something. Girls who work in bars/promoting do it a lot.
3 - regardless of how nice you actually are, or if you might have had a chance in another setting, barmaids will be so used to drunk lads trying it on that it's pointless even trying. They won't be interested.
4 - being behind a bar and serving you drinks somehow makes everyone seem more attractive. You were probably just actively looking for signals and interpreting it that way.
Quote by Todd Hart
She wasn't making eyes, you were staring at her and so she was looking at you expecting you to order a drink.

Yep.

Female, or gay male bartenders have flirted with me countless times. Their job is to get you to drink, and (depending on the culture where you live) give them a nice tip. You aren't special. They want your money.
just PM me babe
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by Todd Hart

Hole in one.
Spare a Cow
Eat a Vegan
Quote by IWasMaiden93
So last night I started playing gigs again and the first one was in a pub... I'm 20 so the band had me go through the side door with my equipment so no one would ask any questions.

Between sets I'd sit at the bar with the band and I order water while they order fireballs (Got nothing against drinking, I just know how I sound playing in my room after a couple beverages) and at the bar the attractive bartender and I were making eyes

Now, being 20 and not so experienced in bar culture, what would you do? I know she's got a job to do and has to stay past closing to clean the place but it seemed like she was interested in me... Or that I was a guitar player... Or something... And I was trying to get packed and out of there quick before someone really gets a good normal look at me so I couldn't really hang around

So, bar attending UG-ers, how do you get the bartender when she's working and not creepily waiting for her in the parking lot like so many horny drunks probably have before

then this

Quote by vayne92
So last night I started playing gigs again and the first one was in a restaurant... I'm 20 so the band had me go through the side door with my equipment so no one would ask any questions. Between sets I'd sit at a table with the band and I order water while they order fireballs (Got nothing against drinking, I just know how I sound playing in my room after a couple beverages) and at the table the attractive waitress and I were making eyes Now, being 20 and not so experienced in restaurant culture, what would you do? I know she's got a job to do and has to stay past closing to clean the place but it seemed like she was interested in me... Or that I was a guitar player... Or something... And I was trying to get packed and out of there quick before someone really gets a good normal look at me so I couldn't really hang around So, restaurant attending UG-ers, how do you get the waitress when she's working and not creepily waiting for her in the parking lot like so many horny drunks probably have before

Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

Quote by daytripper75
Yep.

Female, or gay male bartenders have flirted with me countless times. Their job is to get you to drink, and (depending on the culture where you live) give them a nice tip. You aren't special. They want your money.

This was not me.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
She was contemplating whether to tell you about the final call before the bar closes cause you were drinking pussy water
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by Todd Hart

This
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
I've had sex with 3 bartenders. Don't listen to advice from the pit. None of these dudes ever actually get laid. You get their phone number and take them out on their days off. That simple.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Rule of thumb: If they get tips, don't take any flirty stuff seriously.

That said, you could ask for her number and see what happens. If she says no, just carry on. You asked, she said no, life goes on.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK