Well I haven't posted here in about 4 years. Slowed down on my guitar playing for a while and got back into it the last year or so.

Anyway, I got this guitar about 2 years ago from a family friend.

All the electronics were shot, tuners broke, so I got rid of everything.

The brand is called Zim-Gar. Never heard of it. Google says it's a $30 K-Mart guitar from the 60's. Pretty stoked that it's vintage.

http://bluebookofguitarvalues.com/electric_guitar_values/Guitar_Manufacturer.aspx?id=ZIM_GAR

I didn't have any money at the time to fix it but I do now so I plan on fixing the whole thing.

I needs to be routed out for a pick-up. If any one has any info on how to do that I'd appreciate it cause I'm not sure how to do that.

My plans for it though are

-Spacey esque paint job, or something really abstract.

-Routed for a neck pick-up

-Bigspy tremolo

-Custom made pick guard

-killswitch

-Counter the sides of the body like a strat.

-new tuners, and electronics.

If anyone has any suggestions, or ideas feel free to post them. Especially about routing the body. I'll update this as I go along.

Quote by mattman93
This, atheists talk about religion more then religious people.

Youtube
leave it as original as you can finish and shape wise in my opinion (no contours), new electronics as you mentioned and look into neck mounted jazz pickups, I'd try do more a restoration then a complete overhaul, but thats just me.
My Rig:
American Standard Telecaster
Fender Starcaster
Sp. Edition Jack Daniels Strat (Modded)
Vox AC15CC1

Stuff I've Built:
Telecaster Deluxe
Telecaster Junior
Pedalboard (from a shelf )
the odd pedal
If the frets are all gone or gouged up, the neck's twisted, trussrod's broken, etc., it may not be worth putting money into. So check these kinds of things before proceding.
Zimgar's weren't much to start with. Good luck.
Since there is no routing at the bridge you could put a piezo pickup to give you more versatility. Although your going to have to see if it will work with that bridge.
Quote by Robbo1422
leave it as original as you can finish and shape wise in my opinion (no contours), new electronics as you mentioned and look into neck mounted jazz pickups, I'd try do more a restoration then a complete overhaul, but thats just me.

I completely agree with this.

There's no reason to try to contour it or make a new pickguard or put a lame-ass killswitch in it. In fact, I find it funny that you're stoked that it's vintage, yet you want to basically ruin it.

It's your guitar and you're going to do whatever you want, but I'd be really surprised if it didn't just turn out to be a complete mess.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.