i really wanna play it but there's this thing i have called no money
i don't do well with horror. last time i watched a horror movie was probably years ago and it made me scared of the dark for days. back then i even thought Half-Life was scary.

it sucks because i'm interested in some of the weird stuff that goes on in horror, but i don't like scaring myself.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
wait thats already out? i dont know anything about it but i have been hurting for a horror game in the worst way recently. ive been playing the old resident evils to tide myself over until something good comes out.
you should definitely try it out, it's pretty good actually, really dynamic. Makes you forget it's just a game.

on thing I dont like about these survival horrors is the lack of a (melee) weapon. Sometimes there should be a way to at least hit the enemy and stun him for a few seconds.
Quote by angusfan16
Is it like amnesia? If so then nope.

Very much so.

It kind of pays homage to the Penumbra series too near the end, (Penumbra was created by Frictional Games, creators of Amnesia: The Dark Descent).

I watched Cry play the game all the way through on his stream. Graphically beautiful. Pretty good atmosphere. Nothing about this game is actually that bad.

The only thing is the repetition. The games mechanics work pretty much exactly the same as Penumbra and Amnesia; Go to location>Interact with something>enemy spawns>hide>try to evade/if not run away to escape. Obviously this mechanic is essential for giving the play a challenge but its repeated too many times. Just felt lazy.

Storyline was nothing special but it doesn't knock the experience.

In terms of actual scares, there are a few cheap jumpscares... Chases however are not as terrifying as Amnesia. The atmosphere and environment was the biggest scare factor for me personally.

I am a very frequent user of Frictional Games Forum and there is a thread there about Outlast. Pretty much everyone is looking more forward to A Machine for Pigs, and saw Outlast as a warm up. We shall see though.
Quote by Vendetta V
you should definitely try it out, it's pretty good actually, really dynamic. Makes you forget it's just a game.

on thing I dont like about these survival horrors is the lack of a (melee) weapon. Sometimes there should be a way to at least hit the enemy and stun him for a few seconds.

Nah getting away by running was already too easy.

A good example was Penumbra Overture. In that you could kill enemies, it made running away a second resort. FG realized this and all of their games since have been non-combat horrors.
I'm stuck with Silent Hill 2 for now, reeeeeally amazing game.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
ew if the game is anything like amnesia itll probably be terrible. ill check it out anyway

Quote by Spambot_2
I'm stuck with Silent Hill 2 for now, reeeeeally amazing game.

silent hill 2 is my jam. second favorite game of all time
Quote by Nero Galon
Nah getting away by running was already too easy.

A good example was Penumbra Overture. In that you could kill enemies, it made running away a second resort. FG realized this and all of their games since have been non-combat horrors.

gotta agree with you on that but I'd still want a freaking bat or something. I mean i just ran thru a hall back and forth twice to getaway from that nasty guy chasing me but why should I be chased anyways if I could be killing them?

anyways seeing how penumbra is brought up, i absolutely loved the game! Overture was amazing! Black plague was also great! Requiem was quite a different thing but I still amazed at the atmosphere. No enemies in that game apparently but I got to see a worm there somewhere once
Isn't that one of those indie games which is shit but everyone still raves about even though it's still just as shit as all the other shit games on the market?
No money and my comp can't run all the new cool games. I played the cradle on Thief 3 and holy ****ing shit! If the whole game was made around that kind of horror I'd get used to it or develop PTSD.

So, idk if I'd play it, but I like to watch others freak out while they play it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vcgdl4xQ18
Last edited by -Mantra- at Sep 9, 2013,