I just got my guitar back from the shop, yet again, and the buzz still annoys me. i've raised the action considerably but the G string still buzzes when played on lower frets. If i play an Emaj chord, there's audible buzz, i believe also when amplified but it's kind of hard for me to tell. I've had a bunch of problems with this guitar already.

I can exchange it through fender for another one but I'm left handed and that will take a month or so according to the shop. I ordered a tool from stewmac to check action height and all that so maybe mine is still just too low? or maybe this is just normal for strats?

I'm not really sure. I've lowered the action to where it plays really comfortably, but then it'll start to buzz. i raise it and now, for example, bending full step on the 10th fret to the 1st fret on the high E string is next to impossible, while on the higher frets, ex: 15th, and higher, it frets out.

I hope i'm not being too annoying, i'm just frustrated with this situation. Thanks for any and all help, guys.
If you get fretted out at higher frets then you have too low string action at bridge or worst-case your neck is crooked.

Getting buzz with high string action at bridge sounds like you need to check the neck relief. Try to google and learn about truss rod adjustment before you do it, though.

A good reference to go after for string height is around 1.5-2.0 mm at 12th fret (bottom of the string to top of fret). Any higher than that should not produce fret buzz. Also, a good truss rod adjustment should leaves enough neck relief so that you may almost slip a thin credit card under 7-9th fret when a string is fretted at 1st and 15th fret.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Sep 8, 2013,
Quote by hminh87
If you get fretted out at higher frets then you have too low string action at bridge or worst-case your neck is crooked.

Getting buzz with high string action at bridge sounds like you need to check the neck relief. Try to google and learn about truss rod adjustment before you do it, though.

A good reference to go after for string height is around 1.5-2.0 mm at 12th fret (bottom of the string to top of fret). Any higher than that should not produce fret buzz. Also, a good truss rod adjustment should leaves enough neck relief so that you may almost slip a thin credit card under 7-9th fret when a string is fretted at 1st and 15th fret.

i tried the truss rod thing and must have ****ed it up bc i got more buzz than normal. i brought it to the shop and the guy fixed it for me there, but looking at it now, fretting 1 and 15 on E, there's no daylight whatsoever on the 7th-9th frets :/
I'm never sure if the action is too high and that's what makes bending the high E string on lower frets too hard, or if it's just a flaw in my technique.
You might have turned the truss rod the other way thus made it back bowed. There's no way that you can get more buzz with more forward bow relief.

There should be a slight gap around 7-9 fret (with 1st and 15th down fretted). Otherwise you will have to raise the action at bridge a lot to get rid of buzzing. Take some time and try to understand the neck relief on a guitar. Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_qZ_QGXI4w

While turning the truss rod. Be very careful or you might break it. Never overdo it. If it feels too tight, stop and check the measurements.

About bending on the lower frets. Also try to check action there. Too high action might make it more difficult. That aside it might be your technique. I've seen guys bending comfortably with (by my standard) very high action at the nut.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R