Hi,
I've been playing Piano and Keys for the past 40 years, my first home studio was based on an Atari 1040 and Emagic Notator + D50 Roland and Yamaha TX802...
I just restarted to build a new Home studio after having not played for the past 10 years and as my daughter wanted to play guitar I thought I could also give it a try....
So, we currently have a G&L Legacy USA made stratocaster style HSS and an Egnater Tweaker 40 (and an Ibanez SR1200 XXV edition Bass with home made 210 cabinet and Eden Traveller 400 abass amp, just bought it because for 1000$ new for all, I couldn't let it pass....). So, I've just finished to build my first pedal board with Dunlop 535Q (might change it for a Wilson vintage Ripah Q wah), an Empress double buffer, a Joemeek floor Q compressor, a Maxon dual Booster, a TC Mojo mojo overdrive, a TC Dark Matter distortion and a Way Huge Swollen Pickle fuzz. In the amp loop, I have a TC SCF stereo chorus, a TC Vortex Flanger, a TC Phaser XII, a TC Alter ego delay, a TC Hall of Fame reverb, a KO Amps tremolo and a TC Ditto Looper. Plus 2 Voodoo lab power2+ and a patchpad made by Loop Master....I don't know if the choices are the best stompbox I could afford but I'm a newbie and so.....
I'm planning to ad two new guitars that could complement my current guitar, so the question is:
If I buy a more jazzy guitar like the Ibanez Artstar AS153 semi hollow, what G@L ASAT will be the best fit with my two other guitars? A pure Asat classic or the Asat Blueboys?
Just let me know
Sincerely

[forbidden link]

[forbidden link]

[forbidden link]
the links don't work because you're new. If you type them out again but leave the ".com" or whatever bit off the end, it should work and we can copy and paste it into our browsers.

It's really up to you regarding different guitars- what type of tones are you after? I'd say the big four tones for guitar are humbucker, p90, strat and tele (maybe you could make a case that semi/fully hollow is another one; you could possibly make a case for superstrat, too, but then you already have the superstrat/strat thing covered) so you can basically take your pick out of that depending on what you mainly play. Obviously you also have to buy something whose neck you get on with.

the gear you have so far seems really good, for what it's worth.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Agreed! Some nice pedals, to be sure! And I've heard all kinds of good stuff about Egnater Tweakers.

As for G&L...well, you can't really go wrong with them. They're well made, feel good in the hands and deliver good tones. What more could you ask?

I really like the Ibanez, but I'd also give something like the Godin Kingpin II a look if you're looking for more of a jazzbox.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AS153AA?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=none&device=t&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CM_SiIP_vLkCFUdo7AodjjwAKQ

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/5AvCWK2NAT/

But what kind of budget do you have? And are you willing to go used?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 8, 2013,
well. if you use photobucked and click the IMG link, it auto copies it for you, and then you can just paste in the reply. very easy.

so let me get this straight, your a "newbie" and you just bought all that!?!?!? jesus dude. thats quite a rig. nice amp! i like mine.

the only problem i have here is, if you really are a newbie, then you would definitely not have hands on experience with FX, you just bought them to have them. sure, i would kill for those pedals, but only if i hand selected each one and knew it was the right fit.

dont buy stuff just to buy stuff. 2nd off dont just but all TC stuff. i do like my TC pedal, but heck no i would never buy that much of one brand personally, not if you have the fund to find cool boutique pedals.

why style of music do you play? you have a strat style, want a hollow body. how about one suited for a more aggressive tone? something with humbuckers, perhaps a floating trem? perhaps a mid - high end ibanez?

you are building a studio. you might as well have something for everything. the tele really isnt going to do much over the strat. and you will have nothing for heavier gain stuff.

besides, if you get good with a floating trem, a lot of weird FX can come out of that. a "shredder" guitar would be a nice completion for a total studio.

ALSO - many FX you have sound better with gain, like a flanger for instance (such a that prince solo)
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
dont buy stuff just to buy stuff. 2nd off dont just but all TC stuff. i do like my TC pedal, but heck no i would never buy that much of one brand personally, not if you have the fund to find cool boutique pedals.

This.

TC makes some good pedals, but so do a lot of other makers. (Also, FYI, TC has been getting a rep for bad customer service.)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Hi,
Whoo, very quick answer, thanks a lot....
So, type of music, jazz rock, Maceo Parker, Larry Carlton, George Benson, Pat Metheny, John Scofield....Marvin Gaye, Al Jarreau....
Jazz, all type....
Rock, Pink Floyd, Genesis, rockabilly any kind, Deep Purple, AC/DC...Supertramp, Prince...Police, Dire Straits...
Heavy Metal, not at all...
Ok, I know, this in old stuff but it 's my generation....
And yes I know for the GAS, I have the same with Climbing and Windsurfing....
Also, I tried to have it ready for others friends if they come and play with me, that's why I read a lot online and listen to demo on youtube and found that the TC was nice (I like their look) and seems to be enough versatile (I mean not too much typical...) if somebody comes and for a newbie for me....I might not have the level of skills to choose boutique pedals....and because I knew that my TC rackmountbale gear was good for my studio, that's why I have so much pedals from them....also, the TC stereo chorus and Phaser dated back from the 80's, I was using (and still using...) with electric piano sounds....
So, yes, I know that I could have some Humbucker style guitar but with a budget between 1000/1500$ Gibson is out of my league and I'm not very confident to go used...and I've always been a little shy with Asian/Mexican copies....so, that's why I choose an Ibanez instead of a Epiphone Sheraton II for example...
That's why I was thinking of a Asat Blueboys because the neck pickup is a Humbucker Seth lover that is famous for warm bluesy tone....
So, you say that a classic Asat won't ad a lot in term of tone compare to my Strat? But I heard that the ashtray style bridge single coil pick up of a telecaster is a typical sound omits own, very different from a Strat tone....and as a bridge pick up, I already have a Humbucker with the G&L legacy....that's why I though about the Asat Blueboys....
So, to go more aggressive, I would have to go with two Humbucker right? So, which one in my price range, I,likethe idea of an Ibanez one, I think they build very nice stuff with a top price quality ratio, so, which one when you said a mid price range Ibanez....
I posted again the link, they are from my Dropbox....but I couldn't see any .com to remove?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8lpz1urh9fv9o7j/GUITAR%20PEDAL%20BOARD%20SET%20UP%2011%20FINAL%20WITH%20CABLES.pdf

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7i9vkkhqla1d8m/D2X_6581%20%28Copier%29.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d7i9vkkhqla1d8m/D2X_6581%20%28Copier%29.JPG

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 8, 2013,
Hi,
Thanks a lot for the answer, I will have a look at it...and thanks to all the other answers...
I live in Winnipeg, Canada, didn't even know that it was a Canadian brand...
See you
Godin? Yep- and they make damn good guitars, too. A lot of quality for the price.

$1500 should get you a gibson ok, just maybe not a hollowbody (maybe a midtown custom, though)

ibanez is asian Their better models are japanese-made, though (FWIW IMO Japanese stuff is great) and tend to be more expensive.

i wouldn't say an asat wouldn't be a different tone, a tele does sound different from a strat, enough so that, as i said, it'd qualify as one of the classic 4 or 5 electric guitar tones. But a gibson-style or semi-hollow style guitar will be more different.

As you said, a bluesboy version of the asat might be a nice way to kill two birds with one stone. maybe even the semi-hollow version (though that might be over budget).

don't worry about what you play, i play a bit of everything.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was thinking about the midtown custom but I thought it was discontinued?
it is (I think, anyway) but you can still get them some places. I know in europe thomann seems to be getting special runs of them done at pretty reasonable prices, but I don't know if any US stores are doing that (though I have heard of some pretty decent prices on them in the US from stores which still have new old stock).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Have you ever even played the guitar, lol? If you haven't, start practicing and buy some more gear later.

And even if you had been playing for a long time, that seems like a lot of gear... I'm not saying you shouldn't have it but maybe focus more on playing the guitar and not buying guitar gear.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Ok I will check Thomann, if they have one, my parents could get one and ship it for me frm Frnce, thanks...
^ I think they're currently out of stock but their site says they're coming back into stock next month.

as i said, i haven't tried it, so that's not a personal recommendation. But they seem to have a pretty decent rep.

Quote by MaggaraMarine

And even if you had been playing for a long time, that seems like a lot of gear... I'm not saying you shouldn't have it but maybe focus more on playing the guitar and not buying guitar gear.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?