Poll: Do different cuts of pasta/spaghetti/macaroni/whatever taste differently to you
Poll Options
View poll results: Do different cuts of pasta/spaghetti/macaroni/whatever taste differently to you
Yes
35 76%
No
11 24%
Voters: 46.
Does anyone else here find that different cuts of pasta/macaroni/spaghetti/whatever taste differently? If you do, which cut of pasta is your favourite?

Mine would have to be this kind

My least favourite cut would have to be

ggg1 ggg3

regular spaghetti is probably my favorite. linguine's up there too.

not a huge fan of bow-ties. little shits never wanna stay on the fork.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Ai like all of them, they taste slightly different though not much
To The World I Am A Stranger, To A Stranger I Am A Possible Serial Killer

Quote by Wolfinator-x
You guys are so funny xD xoxo <3

Quote by Doveri
Well a human can't sing an Em since that's a chord

If you mean Eb3/E3, then that is a contralto voice.
They all seem to taste slightly different, which doesn't matter when you slather on some bitchin' sauce.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
The shells man

the shells

fill 'em with cheese or sauce and you're good to go.
I'm gonna suffer for the rest of my life

But I will always find a way to survive
The lack of proper names in the OP sickens me as a pasta restaurant employee

Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
Tubular pasta holds too much water and makes for a watery sauce.

Thus ends my culinary education.

No, you're just not draining it well enough.

Edit: To contribute, I guess I'm a pretty big fan of cavatappi. It holds sauce and cheese exceptionally well and is pretty unique.

I also really like whole grain linguine.
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Sep 9, 2013,
Quote by StopReadingThis
The shells man

the shells

fill 'em with cheese or sauce and you're good to go.

You got me ****ed up, the shells are the worst ones. And the bow ties, those are a pain in the ass to eat.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Last edited by Jostry at Sep 9, 2013,
It's not the pasta that tastes different it's the amount of sauce it's holding.

That's why there are so many different shapes of pasta, the Italians designed each for a different kind of purpose/difference sauces
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Fetucinne and pasta Penne are my favorite, spaghetti is my least favorite. I like pasta Penne the most because when you bite it and it's filled with incredible Alfredo sauce... OH GOD I"M HUNGRY NAO!
Quote by Rockford_rocks
The lack of proper names in the OP sickens me as a pasta restaurant employee.
Sry sir
ggg1 ggg3

I'm easting pasta right now, jus saying
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
mom's spaghetti is the best, I think
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
**** you TS, mostacolli is where it's at.

Who do you think you are, Honey Boo Boo?

Sketty 'n' butter...
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
It all depends on what sauce and meat you are eating with them
"Pain or damage don't end the world nor despair, nor fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you have more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, and give some back."
^^ that depends indeed on sauce.

Make sauce but more watery then usual.

- put sauce with raw penne in oven for 15-20 min.

(best is a tomato based sauced with fresh basil, Garlic, bit of Cayenne pepper, freshly ground black pepper, SEA salt, (old for taste) challots.

- Take out put mozzarella and/or other cheese (gran padano or other old cheese to go with) on top with some hints of pesto.

Enjoy.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
The texture makes for a different sensation, but it doesn't actually taste different (except if they've used different recipes ofcourse).
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by snipelfritz
**** you TS, mostacolli is where it's at.
So that's what its called
ggg1 ggg3

Cut doesn't matter, it's the sauce.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by guitarxo
Gnocchi

it's so good at a restaurant, but i can't make it for shit. always overcook it.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I like fresh pasta it tastes so good.

I also like the whole grain pasta but I like spaghetti the most then fettuccine. But it depends what I make. Like, I like the shells or angel hair pasta when I make Fideo.
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
Tubular pasta holds too much water and makes for a watery sauce.

Thus ends my culinary education.

You are draining it before you add the sauce, right?...
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Andrea55
I like fresh pasta it tastes so good.

I also like the whole grain pasta but I like spaghetti the most then fettuccine. But it depends what I make. Like, I like the shells or angel hair pasta when I make Fideo.

had to look that up. sounds delicious. i love spicy pasta dishes.

i love angel hair too, but it's a bitch to cook on my electric stove. i have to drain it like 5 minutes before it's even close to done or it turns to mush.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
it's so good at a restaurant, but i can't make it for shit. always overcook it.

Yeah, I can't make it either My mom can though I need to learn from her
cat
Fettucini is probably my favorite. TS, how can you hate on penne?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Different pastas hold sauces and food differently - the spirals (fusilli) for example, are good at retaining thicker sauces as it collects in the twisting exterior; Penne (the 'tubes') isn't so good for holding sauce, so is better for drier dishes; Conchiglie (the shells) are good to put in runnier sauces, or in soups like Minestrone etc.

I'm not so keen on regular spaghetti, as it is more awkward to eat, but it does cook quicker than most pasta
Hey, look. Sigs are back.