Anyone know anything about camping, hiking, backpacking, hitchhiking, or the like?

I'm hoping to get my motorcycle running soon and I need a tent and sleeping bag to strap on the back. It's got to be cheap, light, and comfy, in that order.

GO PIT GO!!!!!

...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Sep 9, 2013,
i miss camping.

Jake's Camping Tips
- bring a flashlight
- tuck your tarp under your tent or you'll get wet
- the latrines at campsites are vile. poop in the woods instead. cover it with a rock
- don't use fruity shampoo before you leave, or you'll be surrounded by gnats
- if you see a clown walking down a trail past your campsite, fear is a personally normal response
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
And don't be one of those people that play on their phones all day while camping. You don't seem like someone who would, but I just wanted to throw that out there.
I'm gonna suffer for the rest of my life

But I will always find a way to survive
What is the location?
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
Quote by jakesmellspoo

- the latrines at campsites are vile. poop in the woods instead. cover it with a rock

pls dnt

Quote by Fryer Mike
What is the location?

Southeastern US. Lots of pine trees!

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
pls dnt

I went on a roadtrip from east Texas to Tuscon and back again over the course of 11 days, camping each night. It was the first time I'd ever camped and it was awesome, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't physically taxing. Pitching a tent these days may be simple, but you don't really think about the amount of energy that goes into setting up your campsite, pitching the tent, unloading everything and then putting everything up again in the morning, not to mention you have to hike to most sites, carrying all of that luggage with you (even if you pack light it takes its toll). And sleeping on the ground doesn't offer a good night's rest to be honest, even with the portable air mattresses you can purchase. My back hurt for three weeks after we got back.

All in all, it wasn't ****ing amazing to be in nature and really become aware of the phases of the moon and staring at the stars every night, but it does have its trade-offs. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Quote by jakesmellspoo

- the latrines at campsites are vile. poop in the woods instead. cover it with a rock bury it

FTFY

You're the reason rock-collecting is losing its luster.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by Paquijón
I went on a roadtrip from east Texas to Tuscon and back again over the course of 11 days, camping each night. It was the first time I'd ever camped and it was awesome, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't physically taxing. Pitching a tent these days may be simple, but you don't really think about the amount of energy that goes into setting up your campsite, pitching the tent, unloading everything and then putting everything up again in the morning, not to mention you have to hike to most sites, carrying all of that luggage with you (even if you pack light it takes its toll). And sleeping on the ground doesn't offer a good night's rest to be honest, even with the portable air mattresses you can purchase. My back hurt for three weeks after we got back.

All in all, it wasn't ****ing amazing to be in nature and really become aware of the phases of the moon and staring at the stars every night, but it does have its trade-offs. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Well spoken my GF and me takes camping trips every so often just to get out.

I always want to go, but it's always a strain, and I think she can handle it more naturally then me, even though through my life I camped wayyyy more.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by TheChaz
Inb4 Brits complain about how camping/being outdoors is stupid.

I'm half british I camp!

Though I like it 50/50 so..

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by TheChaz

u wot m8
🙈 🙉 🙊
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQe2EK5T3VQ
also that other scene where peggy mitchell gets her ya-yas out
ooh matron indeed
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by TheChaz

It's not as if we have some incredibly influential festivals that most people camp at.. Oh Wait.

Nice stereotyping d'bag.
Silverburst
Quote by TheChaz

It gets too cold at night. What was that noise? What is touching my leg!
Quote by Linkerman
I see we share a common interest.
Watch this, i think you'll like it:

Awesome video! That's exactly what I want to do. Only how'd he get all of those shots of him riding along if he's just one guy?

Quote by Deliriumbassist
If there's one thing you don't want to cheap out on, it's the tent (and the sleeping bag), I'm afraid.

Well I guess that makes sense.
Last edited by c3powil at Sep 9, 2013,
Quote by AeroRocker
FTFY

what kind of dork collects rocks anyway?

the poo just adds to the value. i bet you don't have any stinky poo rocks in your collection.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Quote by c3powil
Awesome video! That's exactly what I want to do. Only how'd he get all of those shots of him riding along if he's just one guy?

It's the idea that matters, that was an episode of RIDE APART, produced for the /DRIVE network.

But Jamie is a well-known rider, he seems to be a genuinely nice guy, and he's fortunate enough to be able to have adventures all around the world doing what he loves -- riding motorcycles. I'd say he's living the dream.

Here's the link to his website, in case you want to check it out: MotoGeo.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Gonna go hike my local mountain for my friend's birthday in a week, and hopefully do a little snow camping this winter.
I can never think of a good sig.

Dang that open road is enticing

Wow, right by the ocean. nice.

WOAH! Narly campsite bros.

Wow, I have to say. This thread has so many great pics of camping.
The Other Jake's Camping Tips
- If you are in a bear habitat area, make sure to pack all your smelly stuff and food really tightly. I can't tell you how many times I've encountered a stray bear going through somebody's left out food or toothpaste.
- The tarp under the tent rule is awesome.
- Dryer/fabric softener sheets are good for mosquito repelant.
- Bring beer.
- Never put your tent on a 30+ degree slope. If it rains all the water will go to one end. Trust me I learned the hard way.
- A really good backpack is one you can carry your tent, chair, clothes, sleeping back and pretty much everything on at once. It might be heavy but if it got straps every where hook em up. It'll take some of the weight off.
Last edited by Jako215 at Sep 10, 2013,
I lived 3 of 12 months in the woods last year and so far 5 weeks of this year.

Ask me what you need to know.

P.S. Got another 3 day stay planned in the 2nd week of October.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Sep 10, 2013,
Quote by AeroRocker
FTFY

Pun intended?

Nyack.
West Ham United
Wow, I have to say. This thread has so much good knowledge for camping.
It's been full of obvious knowledge for folks who've never been, yeah.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I've never been camping and I want to go so much, but the weather's starting to get bad here so I might have to wait til next summer.

Although I am actually going on a camping holiday to France with mates next year, that'll be fun.
Your flesh means more than you.
No profit...
For once no profit...

Quote by She
That's what.

CHECK IT OUT NOW
FUNK SOUL BROTHER
So guys

I just bought a hammock, ye.

It's a Grand Trunk Ultralight, barely used, ye. Got it off craigslist for 10 dollars.

Went to REI and bought 30 feet of webbing, a large bug net, and a 9x8 foot tarp with six tie down points all for less than 40 bucks.

I'm going to make my own hammock rain fly and bug net.

Let you all know how it goes.

ye
I hate campers always hiding n shit and shooting where no one can see you omg they are a bunch of pussies and they dont know how to play and use skill. I have so much skill my k/d is 3.45 and i'm the best in my clan. Hit me up one day so I can own you.

Also my GT is JimboBonzo because im cool like that. Also dont camp or you'll get banned.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Kennesaw, GA

Roughly...
<.<
>.>